Failed Statelet Football 2015/16

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No draws yesterday, as for the second successive week a red card for their opponents swings the game in Linfield's favour, 3-1 at the end up for the Blues at Coleraine.

Cliftonville also have full points from their first 4 games after a hard fought win over Carrick Rangers, 1-0 at Solitude. Carrick certainly haven't been over awed by their step up yet.

Portadown are 3 points back in third place, winning 2-1 at Ballinamallard.

Crusaders showed their mettle, winning 2-1 at Mourneview over Glenavon, where I doubt many teams will win this season, (despite the fact that Glenavon have now lost both their home games :lol: ), Crusaders are fourth.

Neiher Ballymena nor Warrenpoint have any points a syet, Town being edged out 2-1 at the Oval, and Ballymena fading away in the last 12 minutes at Stangmore Park, Dungannon Swifts winning 2-0.

First win for us so happy days.

First real test of the season for Linfield this Saturday as they're at home to the Ports, still have Linfield as favourites ,seem to have clicked for Feeney now.

Why are Warrenpoint and Cliftonville playing on Sunday btw, does anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...

We seem to have lost a few posts - one of them being my prediction that having won 4-1 at Moyola Park, I wouldn't be surprised if Ballymena were to win yesterday at the Oval - which they did. (I also added the caveat that I wouldn't have been surprised if they had lost 5-0.)

Linfield setting a hot pace at the top with 6 wins from 6 starts, the north Belfast duo of Crusaders and Cliftonville 5 points behind, Crusaders getting their act together after a slow start by winning at Solitude yesterday.

Carrick starting to fade? Warrenpoint win 2-1 at Taylors Avenue, Coleraine win 3-0 at Dungannon, (Coleraine are fourth), which leaves Ballinamallard, Warrenpoint, Dungannon and Ballymena all on 4 points.

Portadown and Glenavon have a game in hand.

I was talking to the Moyola Park manager the other day - he is a neighbour of mine - and he said all Ballymena needed was the win (although they were a wee bit fortunate to take it to extra time) and it could kick start their season.

,He also said that he had been told that it would take £40,000 to pay Glenn Ferguson off, as he had signed an extension to his contract at the start of the season!

We seem to have lost a few posts - one of them being my prediction that having won 4-1 at Moyola Park, I wouldn't be surprised if Ballymena were to win yesterday at the Oval - which they did. (I also added the caveat that I wouldn't have been surprised if they had lost 5-0.)

Linfield setting a hot pace at the top with 6 wins from 6 starts, the north Belfast duo of Crusaders and Cliftonville 5 points behind, Crusaders getting their act together after a slow start by winning at Solitude yesterday.

Carrick starting to fade? Warrenpoint win 2-1 at Taylors Avenue, Coleraine win 3-0 at Dungannon, (Coleraine are fourth), which leaves Ballinamallard, Warrenpoint, Dungannon and Ballymena all on 4 points.

Portadown and Glenavon have a game in hand.

I was talking to the Moyola Park manager the other day - he is a neighbour of mine - and he said all Ballymena needed was the win (although they were a wee bit fortunate to take it to extra time) and it could kick start their season.

,He also said that he had been told that it would take £40,000 to pay Glenn Ferguson off, as he had signed an extension to his contract at the start of the season!

Talking to a mate of mine who was at the Oval and said Ballymena were excellent to be fair...really worthy of the win.

• 2 weeks later...

They got gubbed 6-1 by Ballymena, although 3 of them were penalties, and they had their keeper sent off. They haven't started too badly but they have lost their last two games, the derby with Crusaders and the Ballymena debacle.

Last season was a bit disappointing for them, I think, they "only" won the League Cup.

However, having said all that, it's still a bit of a surprise.

Yup, Glens fans are not happy that £1 from each ticket is going to refugees, despite it being the normal £10 in, so Cliftonville are donating the money, not them.

Breslin resignation was a huge surprise to me but he is still at the club in another role. The Ballymena defeat was hardly as bad as it looked due to the early ending off.

Cliftonville get the "no manager" bounce, beating 10 man Glentoran 1-0 at Solitude. After losing to Crusaders last week, Linfield bounced back in style, crushing Warrenpoint Town 5-1 at Windsor, Andrew Waterworth scoring 4 and increasing their lead at the top, Crusaders - with9 men - getting a last minute equaliser at Coleraine, who must be kicking themselves.

Ballymena continue to improve - if you can call needing a last minute goal at home to Ballinamallard an improvement! The Braidmen now have 8 points after their disastrous start.

Glenavon rescue a point at Taylors Avenue with another last minute goal against Carrick. Glenavon's form is all over the place, last week they brushed Coleraine aside, 3-0 to record their first home league win, then got knocked out of the League Cup on penalties by Annagh United.

Portadown and Dungannon share 6 goals in a ding dong derby struggle at Shamrock Park, and there are 6 red cards all told.

It's never dull in the Irish league!

Linfield top, with 21 points, Crusaders on 17 and Cliftonville on 16. Coleraine fourth with 13. Warrenpoint are bottom with 4 points, Ballinamallard have 5 and Ballymena and Dungannon are on 8.

It was also the County Antrim Shield last night. The big shock - or was it? - was Glentoran going out on penalties to H&W Welders. Linfield and Crusaders didn't exactly cover themselves in glory either, but they both won, the Blues beating Newington 1-0 at Windsor, while Crusdaers won 2-1 away to Donegal Celtic, coming back from a goal down in the process.

Carrick needed penalties to see off Bangor, Ballymena thrashed Glebe Rangers 5-0, Larne beat Sport & Leisure Swifts 3-0 (they're obviously more Leisure than Sport) and Cliftonville won 3-1 at Ballyclare.

Sendings off and penalties all over the place again.

Edit: Ards beat The B***k B******s RUC Orange Militia P.S.N.I. 3-2 in the other game last night. No sendings off or penalties in this one, but expect a few Ards players to get speeding fines in the next few weeks.

Archived