Failed Statelet Football 2015/16

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

County Antrim Shield quarter finals last night (our equivalent of the Glasgow Cup) and Linfield beat Cliftonville 3-1, Ballymena won 2-0 at Crusaders, Ards beat Larne and Carrick triumphed 3-2 at home to the Welders.

Of absolutely no interest to me! :)

(Other than the fact my Ballymena supporting workmate is easier to work with today, although I might have to try to avoid my Crusaders supporting neighbour.)

Oh you County Londonderry folks? :lol:

My Ballymena supporting work mate lives in County Londonderry. :)

Although he is Ballymena born and bred, as anyone would know after 30 seconds conversation!

Limerick on course for survival !! What a story.

PM caiomhin and let him know, I'm sure he'll be able to crowbar some references to the "failed, gerrymandered, bigoted, orange statelet which is never coming back again and don't you horrible loyalists forget it" into the story. 8)

PM caiomhin and let him know, I'm sure he'll be able to crowbar some references to the "failed, gerrymandered, bigoted, orange statelet which is never coming back again and don't you horrible loyalists forget it" into the story. 8)

I will not : I could not give a fig about nationalism of any hue tbh .

Crusaders top on goal difference after a 3-1 win at Shamrock Park over Portadown, while Linfield win 1-0 at Dungannon.

Ciftonville draw 1-1 at Solitude with Glenavon, and the other Glens hold Coleraine 1-1 at The Oval, the Glens equaliser being a penalty.

Carrick come from 2 down to draw with Ballymena at Taylor's Avenue, and last night Ballinamallard won 3-0 against Warrenpoint.

The Crues top on goal difference from Linfield, both on 33 points, Cliftonville third with 28 and Coleraine fourth a point back. A 5 point gap to Glenavon in 5th with 22, with Glentoran 2 points back in 6th with 20.

Bottom half: Portadown 7th with 17, Ballinamallard and Ballymena next with 15, Carrick plugging away in 10th with 11 points, 3 in front of Dungannon and propping up the table, Warrenpoint with 4 points.

The top two look like they might be beginning to pull away, and the bottom two look in danger of being cast adrift.

Watching the highlights there, and Portadown seem to have been a bit unfortunate, Crusaders had 3 attacks and scored 3 goals! :lol: (According to the highlights - reality may have been different.)

Linfield lose to Crusaders, as I expected, while Coleraine thrash Portadown 4-0 to remain in fourth, meaning Europe's longest serving manager may be on his way out. Coleraine's third goal is an absolute peach.

at the start of the season a Linfield supporting work colleague of mine said that McFall would be away at some point this season and a certain Davie Jeffery is taking over at Shamrock Park. That would be interesting......thoughts?

That's exactly how I'm hearing it, with McFall recommending DJ to the board. Portadown have lost a lot of support through their current boycott. Things should get interesting as weeks progress.

What's the boycott about?

Very true, to be honest the general thought has been that McFall is at that stage where he can't be sacked and he should just step aside, many felt that after the cup final , he may well have done had they won it .

He's a sort of Brian Clough at Forest like figure - without the alcoholism, obviously.

I wouldn't fancy the manager's job with Ronnie sitting "upstairs", you'd need to be a very strong character to do the job, which may well mean DJ is the man for it.

Anyhoo - Crusaders win the top of the table clash, Glenavon thrash Ballinamallard, Coleraine crush the Ports, Glentoran "rob" Ballymena - according to my work mate - and Carrick v Dungannon was postponed. Cliftonville defeated Warrenpoint 2-1 on Friday.

All of which leaves Crusaders top with 36 points, Linfield second with 33, Cliftonville 2 points back in third, Coleraine hanging on in fourth with 30 points. Glenavon fifth with 25 points, two in front of the Belfast Glens who are sixth.

Bottom half: Portadown seventh on 17, 2 in front of Ballinamallard and Ballymena, Carrick tenth with 11, and Dungannon with 8 and Warrenpoint on 4 the back markers.

Everyone has played 15 games except Carrick and Dungannon.

This Saturday Linfield are at home to Cliftonville and Crusaders host Glentoran. Coleraine travel to Warrenpoint, just the sort of game the Bannsiders are notorious for losing!

Archived