Why the busted flush are the busted flush..

Fide

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have thought decapitation's a bit harsh.

fQ0H5Pib_normal.jpg Willie Rennie 43m
A new chief carrying on as if nothing is wrong will cement the problems rather than solve them.
View details· fQ0H5Pib_normal.jpg Willie Rennie 43m
Decapitating the Chief Constable won't solve the deep rooted problems in Police Scotland.

View details·

Deep rooted problems not helped I'd have thought by the 800k the Scottish Lib Dems owe the rozzers.

I'd have thought decapitation's a bit harsh.

fQ0H5Pib_normal.jpg Willie Rennie 43m
A new chief carrying on as if nothing is wrong will cement the problems rather than solve them.
View details·fQ0H5Pib_normal.jpg Willie Rennie 43m
Decapitating the Chief Constable won't solve the deep rooted problems in Police Scotland.

View details·

Deep rooted problems not helped I'd have thought by the 800k the Scottish Lib Dems owe the rozzers.

He was one of the first to call for his resignation.

• 4 weeks later...

You have to laugh at the Busted Flush

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34325551

Lib Dems to mock Kennedy's drinking in satirical song
_83439593_83439592.jpgImage copyrightPA

Liberal Democrat members are to mock Charles Kennedy's drinking in a satirical song - on the day the party pays tribute to its former leader.

Mr Kennedy, who led the party between 1999 and 2006, died in June of a haemorrhage linked to alcoholism.

Leading party figures are set to pay their respects in the main hall at the party's conference in Bournemouth.

But the Glee Club - a late night satirical cabaret - is planning its own tribute.

Grassroots group The Liberator, which organises the event, says the traditional song, which celebrates the drinking prowess of political leaders including Mr Kennedy, and includes earthy language, has the blessing of the former leader's family.

'Respectful silence'

A Liberator spokesman said: "He frequently came along to the Glee Club. I think he would approve."

But Lib Dem councillor Greg Stone said singing about Mr Kennedy's fondness for alcohol was not appropriate.

"The Glee Club is a bit raucous and members have a drink and a sing song. It is always irreverent and not politically correct.

"But I think there is a case this year for maintaining a respectful silence."

The Glee Club, which is notorious for its near-the-knuckle humour and send-ups of political leaders, has included the "Political Leaders Song" - which was first performed at the annual Liberal Democrat Glee Club event in 2004 - in the song book it will hand out to later to revellers at the Marriott Hotel event.

_85681448_img_0662-1.jpg

The song celebrates the drinking prowess of politicians including Lloyd George, Winston Churchill, and Margaret Thatcher.

It says; "Charles Kennedy enjoys a drink so we are told; He joins a tradition of politicians young and old."

The final verse of the song is an adaptation of a Monty Python sketch.

It says: "Now Charlie Kennedy must be added to the list. A lovely little leader but a bugger when he's pissed."

Mr Kennedy's friends and family have spoken about how Westminster's drinking culture may have led to his problems with alcohol that eventually led to his death at the age of 55.

Archived