I need help with an idea for a tv programme

Grim O'Grady

I've been mulling & chewing this idea round for ages for a new tv programme.

Here's what I've got so far & with all you artistic P&B'ers out there you might be able to pad it out with scenarios & character plots so I can punt it to either the BBC or Sky to make me loads of money n shit.

It's a basic family drama set on the outskirts of St Helens in Lancashire.

We start of with the Wilton family having just moved to the setting from Liverpool.

Each episode will run a story on each of the Wilton family members.

I'd like it to have some moralistic message each week too & probably Sheridan Smith to play most of re parts, make & female.

That's as far has I've got

So over to you to help me out, assistant roles will be credited to those that come up with the best script ideas etc?

Oh I've got a name for it .

The Little Scouse On The Prairie.

Thanks in advance

Grimbo

Will every piece of dialogue be signed off - Grimbo?

I don't like Scousers and would go out of my way not to watch, so I'm out.

I'm quite good at doing that nasally whiny scouse accent, so maybe I could play a part, Grimbo Wilton & at the end of each episode as the camera pans out to show the exterior of the family home, the rest of the cast could whine "goodnight Grimbo". In that awful accent of theirs.

I might write a part where Grimbo gets his first sexual encounter with the local milk maid Doreen Soreen (played by Sheridan Smith), it might take a few takes eh? ;)

Bobby I think it only wise that you are out because how would the credits look rolling up & assistant script writer R Skidmarks pops on to our screens.

For that reason you are out.

Grimbo

Here - did you ever do your 'It Ain't Half Hot, Mum' song at the game, Grim?

I never did, I feel ashamed of myself. If I'm out of the hospital in time for the game & the pain killers are strong enough I'll do it today.

I done me back in on the stairs outside our flat, rushing to get out cos I was late for a works do. It only hurts when I laugh or try to stand up.

Grimbo

I've been mulling & chewing this idea round for ages for a new tv programme.

Here's what I've got so far & with all you artistic P&B'ers out there you might be able to pad it out with scenarios & character plots so I can punt it to either the BBC or Sky to make me loads of money n shit.

It's a basic family drama set on the outskirts of St Helens in Lancashire.

We start of with the Wilton family having just moved to the setting from Liverpool.

Each episode will run a story on each of the Wilton family members.

I'd like it to have some moralistic message each week too & probably Sheridan Smith to play most of re parts, make & female.

That's as far has I've got

So over to you to help me out, assistant roles will be credited to those that come up with the best script ideas etc?

Oh I've got a name for it .

The Little Scouse On The Prairie.

Thanks in advance

Grimbo

After weeks of getting their windows panned they moved because youngest son Kevin started working for The Sun.

I'd love to see Sheridan's pant moustache tbf.

Make that episode 1 and I'll watch it.

I was going you'd pop in, I was thinking that you could write the theme tune etc?

Grimbo

I never did, I feel ashamed of myself. If I'm out of the hospital in time for the game & the pain killers are strong enough I'll do it today.

I done me back in on the stairs outside our flat, rushing to get out cos I was late for a works do. It only hurts when I laugh or try to stand up.

Grimbo

We'll try not to make you laugh - not much of a problem for me, but 'pant moustache' might have done it.

We'll try not to make you laugh - not much of a problem for me, but 'pant moustache' might have done it.

I'm just out of the small claims injuries or whatever it's called at the Western after 10 mins of poking me in my painful bits & got awfy close to my veg she told me it was just muscle pull & take an anadin & if it's no better by Monday go see me GP. Sakes. Oh & the hospickle wouldn't sell me the drugs had to get her indoors to shoe horn me in the motor & sit in whilst she buys as many tabs as she is allowed & a still juice so I can hopefully get out of the car in an hour or however long they take to kick in?

Gonna ave to put the ain't half got mum back on the back burner until my backs back to normal.

Grimbo

Perfect. I'm seeing a Life Less Ordinary, almost heroin chic line of exclusively Versace sportswear.

What happened to the shell suits & curly perms?

We could do an episode on smack. Although I'd prefer for my actors to be clean.

Grimbo

St Helens is in Merseyside

I guess this makes me the continuity guy

Your hired although the series is set back in the late 60's prior to the invention of Merseyside, so it is still in Lanky.

1 more continuity error & you're fired.

& no naked flames near the shell suits.

Grimbo

After weeks of getting their windows panned they moved because youngest son Kevin started working for The Sun.

Zen I was thinking of you playing Sheridan's Da, have you got your own mustache?

Grimbo

I would have to be a non family character as I fear I would become beastly in her presence.

That would make a great episode, I can see it now, the nonce episode, would have to go out after the watershed like. dad shags daughter would get the ratings up & Mary Whitehouse spinning. Keep up the stunning plots & I might have to find a payroll to put you on?

Grimbo

Archived