I need help with an idea for a tv programme

Grim O'Grady

That would make a great episode, I can see it now, the nonce episode, would have to go out after the watershed like. dad shags daughter would get the ratings up & Mary Whitehouse spinning. Keep up the stunning plots & I might have to find a payroll to put you on?

Grimbo

A Tony Booth/Randy Scouse Git type is how I see me.

Your hired although the series is set back in the late 60's prior to the invention of Merseyside, so it is still in Lanky.

1 more continuity error & you're fired.

& no naked flames near the shell suits.

Grimbo

f**k sake, that goes down as my first error even though you never told us the time setting? You're a bit of a c**t to work for Grimbo lad! Might just put my notice in.

This might be a bit of a threadjack, but the only idea I have had for a TV series reading P&B was to resurrect the Alan Whicker travel programme format, but instead of having an English public school type in a blazer, have a Scottish guy in a shell suit and a replica fitba jersey making comments like:

Best Western Queens Hotel in Oban is a nice enough hotel but the staff are utter weirdo's and massively unhelpful. Outward opening doors make it a c**t to get through with a suitcase and other belongings too.

This might be a bit of a threadjack, but the only idea I have had for a TV series reading P&B was to resurrect the Alan Whicker travel programme format, but instead of having an English public school type in a blazer, have a Scottish guy in a shell suit and a replica fitba jersey making comments like:

Wid.

The programme, not Alan Whicker.

Wid.

The programme, not Alan Whicker.

Could make an episode called the Alan Whicker man, you could play Alan, T-Dave, have you got your own moustache?

We'd have to bun you in the closing scene but your last ords would be "goodnight Grimbo".

Grimbo

Could make an episode called the Alan Whicker man, you could play Alan, T-Dave, have you got your own moustache?

We'd have to bun you in the closing scene but your last ords would be "goodnight Grimbo".

Grimbo

I take it that making BFTD hot and cross is the outcome you are seeking?

Find me a shellsuit, I'll rake out a fitba top, done deal! :D

I don't mind moonlighters as long as it doesn't clash with out schedule. Don't forget Milesy you are the main character in the "Bawbag" episode.

Grimbo

Genuinely had a dream recently for the following idea for a tv show - a fictionalised version of "I'm a celeb get me out of here" featuring David Brent as one of the "celebs" desperately trying to resurrect his "career". Fleshing the idea out a bit more, it would obviously have Ant and Dec hosting, plus there would be scope to have fictional characters such as Alan Partridge, Larry Sanders (or even Hank from the same show, or both), Borat, maybe someone like Larry David and Karl Pilkington also, and self-deprecating cameos from various celebs similar to what we've seen in shows such as "Larry Sanders", "Curb...." and "Extras".

I don't know what the "arc" or plot of the show would be exactly, but I think it has the potential to be extremely funny having all these great characters in the setting of the Aussie jungle and watching them do the various bush tucker trials and challenges (which would be acted obviously, but still) and their little one-on-ones to the camera in the hut.

Although given the cast it would involve, we're talking serious dosh.

Genuinely had a dream recently for the following idea for a tv show - a fictionalised version of "I'm a celeb get me out of here" featuring David Brent as one of the "celebs" desperately trying to resurrect his "career". Fleshing the idea out a bit more, it would obviously have Ant and Dec hosting, plus there would be scope to have fictional characters such as Alan Partridge, Larry Sanders (or even Hank from the same show, or both), Borat, maybe someone like Larry David and Karl Pilkington also, and self-deprecating cameos from various celebs similar to what we've seen in shows such as "Larry Sanders", "Curb...." and "Extras".

I don't know what the "arc" or plot of the show would be exactly, but I think it has the potential to be extremely funny having all these great characters in the setting of the Aussie jungle and watching them do the various bush tucker trials and challenges (which would be acted obviously, but still) and their little one-on-ones to the camera in the hut.

Although given the cast it would involve, we're talking serious dosh pish.

FTFY

Archived