TODAY`S RESULTS

maurice shavez

These kind of games for teams like talbot have actually little pressure on them, if none at all, nothing to lose, if he pulls off a quality save every now and then and in one game against hearts, well I'm sorry but that doesn't make you a top player or a top keeper, it's about doing it week in week out were maybe shots are getting fired in at him all the time,dealing with better crosses coming into the box etc, anyway as I said if he was that good then he would already be away to full time football

And if you care to look back at Talbots goals against over the years you will maybe see that they are the lowest by a huge margin, suppose thats got nothing to do with the big man doing it week in week out. Your snipes are pathetic, move on now.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very true

All about opinions and I stated mine. So went along to see how they were shaping up and was surprised how

well they played against a premier league team.

So you know think girvan will win the league i personally still think its between ardeer n irvine vics.

You can have the best team on paper but doesn't mean your going to win things.

Scott black has been the petershill goalkeeping coach/reserve keeper for about 4 years so don't know where you got that from, he's also well into his 40's so when he played for yous he must have been coming to the very end of his career, don't know of the other lad , anyway until andy goes full time/part time senior we will never know how good he 'really' is other than a really good junior goalkeeper.

Scott Black may not have set the heather on fire at Talbot, but having worked with him at Maryhill Juniors years ago - where he is still a legend - and again at Petershill a few seasons, where he just missed out on the Player of the Year award aged 35 years, it is a great pity Auchinleck supporters never had the chance to see the gentleman in his prime. Even in his mid-30s, he was always first in line for drills at training, stayed behind for extra work, and was a fantastic example to younger goalies who I had brought into the training sessions. A fantastic role model, and I don't mind highlighting that fact! Scott won a Player of the Year award at Maryhill Juniors just before Rab Sneddon left to join Pollok Juniors as their manager for the first time, and I couldn't believe it when he never attempted to take Scott with him.

I agree with JC about his rating on Andy Leishman. Stature, presence and ability all there. Obviously with work commitments and family commitments, it may not have been possible in recent seasons for him to make the step-up to senior football. We can all speculate on whether he would or wouldn't be a success at senior level, but having been there in a coaching capacity, I can say full-time goalie sessions would take him to another level.

He has been tremendous at Auchinleck Talbot, and I have seen them at various times in Glasgow. Their work ethic and fitness shapes what the club stands for, and no matter how many new players the manager has had to bring in over recent seasons, you can't argue with the formula for success.

A lot of lower-league senior clubs only train perhaps two nights a week ( part-time), and quite a few do not have anyone working with the goalkeepers. Nothing worse than 20 minutes into a session hearing the shout: "Can we get the goalies for a possession game", or "crossing and finishing", where the outfield players tap them in from six inches, and then couldn't hit a barn door on a Saturday afternoon. JC, I bet you have come across that on your travels? :P

Scott Black may not have set the heather on fire at Talbot, but having worked with him at Maryhill Juniors years ago - where he is still a legend - and again at Petershill a few seasons, where he just missed out on the Player of the Year award aged 35 years, it is a great pity Auchinleck supporters never had the chance to see the gentleman in his prime. Even in his mid-30s, he was always first in line for drills at training, stayed behind for extra work, and was a fantastic example to younger goalies who I had brought into the training sessions. A fantastic role model, and I don't mind highlighting that fact! Scott won a Player of the Year award at Maryhill Juniors just before Rab Sneddon left to join Pollok Juniors as their manager for the first time, and I couldn't believe it when he never attempted to take Scott with him.

I agree with JC about his rating on Andy Leishman. Stature, presence and ability all there. Obviously with work commitments and family commitments, it may not have been possible in recent seasons for him to make the step-up to senior football. We can all speculate on whether he would or wouldn't be a success at senior level, but having been there in a coaching capacity, I can say full-time goalie sessions would take him to another level.

He has been tremendous at Auchinleck Talbot, and I have seen them at various times in Glasgow. Their work ethic and fitness shapes what the club stands for, and no matter how many new players the manager has had to bring in over recent seasons, you can't argue with the formula for success.

A lot of lower-league senior clubs only train perhaps two nights a week ( part-time), and quite a few do not have anyone working with the goalkeepers. Nothing worse than 20 minutes into a session hearing the shout: "Can we get the goalies for a possession game", or "crossing and finishing", where the outfield players tap them in from six inches, and then couldn't hit a barn door on a Saturday afternoon. JC, I bet you have come across that on your travels? :P

a million times mate some drills kill a keeper more than it does them good

No doubt hurlford are a top side now but show a bit of respect and remember where yous were not so long ago , I don't think you'd ever see any Talbot fans on here criticising sides like lugar or kello after they played them in the Ardagh cup.

this comment is an embarrassment to the forum

this is a different kind of embarrassing.... better than Neil Alexander. are you drunk? 3 scotland caps, cardiff, rangers, ipswich, crystal palace.

Talbot Gk (who I think is fantasatic) is not even the best goalie in the juniors.

Whos better than him then

What part of its my opinion and this is a website about opinions do people don't understand. . As I said might have been a bad day for darvel. And just for the record just because you are a talbot fan doest make yo right

Nothing wrong with having an opinion on the worst team you've seen in the last 3 seasons at Blair park but in my OPINION it lacks a wee bit of respect .

"honestboy"

To say Darvel won't go far in the ADL this year, going by today's performance is absolute pish. Their first half performance wasn't even as bad as your making it out, they started bright and then went one went in, they lost it and it just went from their. I thought at times they battled and competed well, but phenomenal finishing from the Hurlford players is what made this result look so bad.

Also, the two sending offs. Surely you don't agree? The ball is out the park when the goalkeeper/striker has made contact. And the centre half, what a dive. The boy got straight back up running for the ball because he realised how stupid he made himself look. Then to finish the game with 8 men, the officials didn't give Darvel a chance(not blaming them, just saying they didn't give Darvel any help).

The difference between the two were obvious - Movement on/off the ball and the technique on the ball. Hurlford look superb, and I'm expecting eh them to have a rather successful season. But Darvel, will do well. And don't be surprised if they take 7/12 points from the Ardagh, because apart from today, they have been superb defensively all over the park in pre-season.

listen I am giving an honest account as I see it .. last year darvel played better this year they didnt I don't believe I am being disrespectful yes there is a gulf but its 11 against 11 for 90 mins . Can you honestly say darvel showed any signs of the team that performed well last season

10 v 11 for 30 minutes, 9 v 11 for 25 minutes and 8 v 11 for 5 minutes.

Archived