What Team Do you support & best memory

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That game still hurts

The second sending off was in something like the 50th minute at 1-1 if I remember right. In terms of the probability of the situation, that result has got to be the most unlikely I've ever seen us get. It was like we'd won the league at the final whistle. :lol:

The 5-1 humiliation of Fifes finest tale end of 2014 should help wipe the memory of THAT game ;-)

I've seen us dole out and recieve plenty of pumpings. They're sore but that 9-man win game was something else.

No it was about 2000 or 2001, we played at links park and Arbroath won but on the Monday it came out that they had fielded a couple of suspended players so a replay was ordered which we drew. So off to Gayfield we went on a Tuesday night fuelled by a fish supper from Pepo's.

Just one of those nights, Mckenzie scored in each half, Colin McGlashan was sent off as was Hinchcliff (excuse the spelling).

We won 2-1 and never looked like conceding a second.

As for the whipping boys it goes in cycles, remember when you boys couldn't buy a win against us.

It was January 2001 I believe.

A fantastic game. I'd been drinking since lunchtime and fell over on the terracing during the goal celebrations. I was too drunk and ecstatic to feel it at the time but my leg was sore as f**k for a few days.

This was also one the first Mo/Smokie derbies of the internet discussion forum era. Reading their tear-stained rants in the days afterwards was a new and rewarding experience.

Big king Eck was at an Arbroath game and I never even knew?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1439497279.904594.jpg

Yep. Couldn't remember when the game was but now that I think about it, it was just a couple of months before the 2011 Holyrood elections I think. Obviously East Fife's heroic performance that day provided the inspiration the SNP's election success.

Yep. Couldn't remember when the game was but now that I think about it, it was just a couple of months before the 2011 Holyrood elections I think. Obviously East Fife's heroic performance that day provided the inspiration the SNP's election success.

If that's the case I'm ok with us conceding the 3 points that day. All for the greater good.

Any Clyde fans.remember a game a few years back against Morton at cappilow. 1-0 down most of the game and won the game with 2 injury time goals. Remember standing between the stands on the way out watching the free kick for our first and when the second went in me, my dad and brother going fucking mental with a bunch.of Clyde fans.

Archived