Heart of Midlothian v Partick Thistle, 22/08/2015

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Alexander have a save to make?

I thought Sow was mom. His run in the 1st half beat about 6 Partick players.

Ozturk nutmegging a Partick defender was nice too.....

Not unless you count Doolan's floated cross come shot that he caught at the end. And that was all Doolan did all day. Amoo awful apart from getting to the bye line with his first involvement, he just needs to head for the line and nothing else. Welsh was terrible first half in particular. Bannigan stupid penalty. Fraser did nothing. Seaborne looked lost.

I also thought there was a foul for the Hearts first goal but academic in the end. Could've been more.

First game of the season for me and based on that we'll be doing incredibly well to come 10th. Admittedly Tynecastle joins Pittodrie and Parkhead as right offs and its the bottom six we need to beat.

Gomis was outstanding. Reginald D Hunter cheered me up after.

Yesterday highlighted how slow we are, how ponderous we can be on the ball and how poor our movement can be off it. Hearts danced circles around us and the score was an accurate reflection of the game.

It's still to early to push the panic button, but the draw against Inverness and, to a certain extent, Hamilton are looking like missed opportunities rather than decent points. We all know the Kilmarnock result was a shitter regardless of the sending off.

Stevenson has to be dropped. Not because of any perceived slight, but due to him offering nada. He looks slower than he did last season and that's saying something. I'm beginning to think that another season in the top league is beyond him.

Oh, and I never, ever want to see Gary Miller attempt to let a ball run out of play 20 yards from the byeline again.

Good day out, spoiled a bit by the game, would be nice if Thistle could let us know in advance when they're just going to bend over and take it, would save me a few quid. Funniest bit was Reilly's over-eager sportsmanship when he took our throw. Hearts probably not even in 2nd gear after the first goal, cruised it.

That's 3 times since promotion we've conceded a goal from a penalty rebound, and 3 games out of 5 this season where I could have played in goals for the opposition and it wouldn't have mattered. Long old season ahead but it does at least look if there are similarly pish teams in the league.

Before this thread is consigned to the dustbin of P&B history, let's take a moment to appreciate Sow's mazy run and Juanma ripping the utter c**t out of about four Partick players, trolling their fans into oblivion in the process.

:lol:

Before this thread is consigned to the dustbin of P&B history, let's take a moment to appreciate Sow's mazy run and Juanma ripping the utter c**t out of about four Partick players, trolling their fans into oblivion in the process.

Have to admit, this guy has 'cool' writ all over him. His penalty, a bit too much so but we can forgive him. He's not a 100% fit yet.

_85131155_juanma1.jpg

Let us also remember our wonderful Captain's nutmeg in the opposition box.

Let us also remember our wonderful Captain's nutmeg in the opposition box.

Right enough! :lol:

Our back four, Alim included, have absolutely strolled our last three and a half games. The same goes for Alexander.

They're making the defensive display against St. Johnstone look even more of a freak performance with each passing week.

Right enough! :lol:

Our back four, Alim included, have absolutely strolled our last three and a half games. The same goes for Alexander.

They're making the defensive display against St. Johnstone look even more of a freak performance with each passing week.

That "freak" defensive performance was the 1st time they'd played together.

Add to that the language barrier it wasn't too surprising we shipped 3.

Just great that our pace up front was too much for them.

That "freak" defensive performance was the 1st time they'd played together.

Add to that the language barrier it wasn't too surprising we shipped 3.

Just great that our pace up front was too much for them.

Yup. In terms of the year ahead, I have a feeling we may be looking back on that opening day victory as the start of something special this season.

Archived