St Johnstone FC versus Motherwell FC

Be interesting to see the back line for this. If Wright isn't back at centre half, it probably indicates he's barely going to feature this season. Think MacKay will stay as one of the centre half, it's a case of who partners him. Midfield 4 pick themselves and Cummins is surely a certainty.

Mannus

Joe MacKay Mckay Easton

O'Hallaron Davidson Millar Craig

Cummins Sutton

....would be my preference, but unlikely Wotherspoon, MacLean and Scobbie will all misplace those incriminating pictures.

I'd be happy to go with that. With Ainsworth playing, Craig HAS to stick to his position. We can't afford to have Easton left alone up against that speedy fecker.

I think Maclean played well on Saturday passed tbh - wouldn't mind him retaining his spot.

I know I'm a Scobbie hater etc etc, but he has to be dropped on Saturday. He's been utter horse shit this season so far.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mannus

Joe MacKay Mckay Easton

O'Hallaron Davidson Millar Craig

Cummins Sutton

....would be my preference, but unlikely Wotherspoon, MacLean and Scobbie will all misplace those incriminating pictures.

I'd say that team is a stick on. He can't leave Scobbie in again - for his own good - and Mackay will be in the team, but is too slow for right-back. Sutton will come back against his old team.

You can almost pick the subs too. Wotherspoon (if fit)/Lappin (otherwise) will sub for an ineffective Craig; MacLean will come on for Sutton to little effect. And if we're losing with 10 minutes left he'll finally let Kane on the park.

I'm more curious as to who would win a foot race between Ainsworth and O'Halloran?

Either way I've got more faith in Easton stopping Ainsworth than I would Hammell with O'Halloran for some reason.

That's going to be key in my eyes. I also think we should be winning the midfield battle. Whilst Lasley is still decent, his legs are going and Millar is a very similar player, but with Davidson next to him we still have that added physical presence and power and really should be looking to drive over teams more.

I'm more curious as to who would win a foot race between Ainsworth and O'Halloran?

Either way I've got more faith in Easton stopping Ainsworth than I would Hammell with O'Halloran for some reason.

That's going to be key in my eyes. I also think we should be winning the midfield battle. Whilst Lasley is still decent, his legs are going and Millar is a very similar player, but with Davidson next to him we still have that added physical presence and power and really should be looking to drive over teams more.

If you leave Easton as exposed as he was in your game vs us against a proper pacy winger he could be fucked.

If I remember right Phil fucking Roberts gave him a roasting last year due to pace.

What about Marvin?

He's fast but not as fast as Ainsworth.

If, as you say, Easton cuts out Ainsworth; O'Halloran roasts Hammell; Davidson & Millar dominate central midfield, what would your advice be to Ian Baraclough? Is there any weakness at all in the Saints side that could be exploited by Well or is that just not possible or likely? The only other option seemingly open to us would be the long ball, for which we are just not suited.

I can see a pretty fruitless journey to Perth for us. Still lets hope the pies are decent.

Attack us early, put pressure on the centre halfs and counter attack at pace. Youll be guaranteed numerous chances like that

Based on the fact we'll apparently have a new winger for this, I'll go..

Mannus

Shaughnessy - Mackay - McKay - Easton

Aird - Millar - Davidson - Craig

O'Halloran - Cummins

Surely can't move O'Halloran from the wing?!!

He should be the first name on the team sheet at the minute in the position he's been excelling at, the rest should be added in from there.

Two M(a)ckays in centre defence would be worth a look.. Think it will be same as last weekend though.

He should be the first name on the team sheet at the minute in the position he's been excelling at, the rest should be added in from there.

Two M(a)ckays in centre defence would be worth a look.. Think it will be same as last weekend though.

Its just to fit Aird in tbh

Tommy complimenting Cuptie and Scobbie in press, so I'd agree, looking like same back 4

Archived