Forfar v Stenhousemuir, Saturday 22nd August

Chance to get back on tracks after tonight's disappointment. Good result for Stenny tonight and should give them a boost for the game.

Nicoll will be a miss after his straight red tonight but Travis should be a strong enough replacement.

Fancy Smudger or Hay to maybe start as Dick may want to freshen things up.

How are Stenny looking compared to last year. Hodge has been a big plus for us, have you replaced him?

ETA

Nicoll's suspension is for 1 match Challenge Cup tie only.

Chance to get back on tracks after tonight's disappointment. Good result for Stenny tonight and should give them a boost for the game.

Nicoll will be a miss after his straight red tonight but Travis should be a strong enough replacement.

Fancy Smudger or Hay to maybe start as Dick may want to freshen things up.

How are Stenny looking compared to last year. Hodge has been a big plus for us, have you replaced him?

Expect this to be a really tough one but we should be confident after our performance tonight.Completely different side from last season and we have started pretty well.Suspect we will have to be at our best in this one but looking forward to it.

We were torture against Forfar Athletic last season and they did the clean sweep on us, winning all four games.

I'd expect them to beat us this time around but I'm a little more confident going into it - we're a far harder side than we were last year, we've brought in some solid, experienced players and boys like Ross Meechan and Ciaran Summers have come on a lot.

The team were superb against Raith Rovers last night and I don't know how much that will have taken out of them, but it's a fantastic result to take into the match.

I reckon Forfar 2-1 Stenhousemuir.

Another tough game. Would hope we can win it. I think Dick will maybe change it up a bit beyond Travis replacing Nicholl but we'll see. Hay really transformed our play when he came on last night but maybe he'd be nullified playing from the start.

Stenny look a really good side and we won't have as easy a time of it as we did last season, but I think we should look to win this. 2-1 I say.

How has Robbo been playing for Stenny so far?

Quietly effective. Stephen Stirling's been getting a massive pop for the work he's put in (he's won three out of three Wee Bar Man of the Match awards) but I think Robertson's grit allows him to get forward and play those nice passes. He's been a good signing. It feels great to have proper midfielders at the club and not just weird boys.

Think Hay will start with Fotheringham perhaps making way, if we are not going to play him in the middle he doesn't really offer enough out wide. Rumours on Tuesday of a possible loan signing or two coming in so hopefully one is a striker.

Think Hay will start with Fotheringham perhaps making way, if we are not going to play him in the middle he doesn't really offer enough out wide. Rumours on Tuesday of a possible loan signing or two coming in so hopefully one is a striker.

Agree re: Foxy. He isn't a winger, and he's excellent in the middle.

I really want to see 4-3-3 with the players we've got.

Douglas

Baxter O'Brien Nicholl/Travis Campbell

Foxy Young Hodge

Denholm Templeman Swankie

Quietly effective. Stephen Stirling's been getting a massive pop for the work he's put in (he's won three out of three Wee Bar Man of the Match awards) but I think Robertson's grit allows him to get forward and play those nice passes. He's been a good signing. It feels great to have proper midfielders at the club and not just weird boys.

Good to hear. Surprised he's been the more quiet midfielder though as last time at this level he was leading from the front and scoring/creating chances each week. Hope he does well for you.

"not just weird boys" :lol: I've missed the games against Stenny!

Any names to the rumours

Archived