Muirkirk 2015/15

Kirky442

You do have an agenda and if you didn't why haven't commented with anyone else linked with the job. As for the boys following us down to Muirkirk what concern is that of yours, your club kicked them out at the start of the season cos of their ties with us. I think there is enough off-field problems at your club you should be concerned about instead of worrying about Muirkirk.

Despite what you think I don't have an agenda, I merely asked a question, which been answered with the fact that you were interested in the job. At the time I posted this gg appeared to be the only one quoted for the job. I have previously posted that I think that he has proven himself in building teams in the lower league and he should be in for the long haul. If you weren't interested in the job come out and say so!

I think you're comments in relation to the Kilwinning boys that have followed you down there could be seen as quite disparaging. I think they are all talented players who will benefit from playing in the adl and will only improve them as players. I think you need to get away from the paranoia that every comment against you is a criticism.

If I was a Muirkirk fan I would want to know you were committed to the club and your heads weren't being turned by perceived bigger jobs.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Grierson was at Whitletts for an Interview and wanted the job. Unfortunately for him the committee decided that Neil was the best man to take us forward. No hard feelings to Mr Grierson it was just a footballing decision from our committee to hopefully take us to the next level.

If this is true then surely Muirkirk must be questioning George's commitment.

Like I said previous, I don't believe loyalty is one of his strong points. Always seems to be on the lookout for something better than what he has despite what he says to the press and on social media.

Despite what you think I don't have an agenda, I merely asked a question, which been answered with the fact that you were interested in the job. At the time I posted this gg appeared to be the only one quoted for the job. I have previously posted that I think that he has proven himself in building teams in the lower league and he should be in for the long haul. If you weren't interested in the job come out and say so!

I think you're comments in relation to the Kilwinning boys that have followed you down there could be seen as quite disparaging. I think they are all talented players who will benefit from playing in the adl and will only improve them as players. I think you need to get away from the paranoia that every comment against you is a criticism.

If I was a Muirkirk fan I would want to know you were committed to the club and your heads weren't being turned by perceived bigger jobs.

But your not a Muirkirk fan are you? your a fan of posting pish on club forums of which Grierson is at FACT! Ayr Victoria says Mr Grierson was at Whitletts for an interview and wanted the job? am I to presume that Ayr Victoria is a current committee member as you are a past member of the buffs?? if not then its second hand information that I wouldn't trust if my life depended on it. However as a club I believe were moving forward and still a long way to go so personally you should concentrate on your own club (that's Viper not Ayr Victoria) and what's happening there

But your not a Muirkirk fan are you? your a fan of posting pish on club forums of which Grierson is at FACT! Ayr Victoria says Mr Grierson was at Whitletts for an interview and wanted the job? am I to presume that Ayr Victoria is a current committee member as you are a past member of the buffs?? if not then its second hand information that I wouldn't trust if my life depended on it. However as a club I believe were moving forward and still a long way to go so personally you should concentrate on your own club (that's Viper not Ayr Victoria) and what's happening there

The only person to confirm if he attended an interview with Whitletts would be Mr.Grierson himself. If he attended the interview then as long as he informed Muirkirk of his intentions to speak to another club then there shouldn't be a problem. But if he attended without informing Muirkirk then that's where the problem lies so probably Mr.Grierson or someone from Muirkirk Juniors if they were aware could confirm or squash the rumours. If I was in Mr. Grierson's shoes It would be better to clear the air and confirm or deny whether he attended the interview.

The only person to confirm if he attended an interview with Whitletts would be Mr.Grierson himself. If he attended the interview then as long as he informed Muirkirk of his intentions to speak to another club then there shouldn't be a problem. But if he attended without informing Muirkirk then that's where the problem lies so probably Mr.Grierson or someone from Muirkirk Juniors if they were aware could confirm or squash the rumours. If I was in Mr. Grierson's shoes It would be better to clear the air and confirm or deny whether he attended the interview.

Whitletts contacted our club asking for permission to speak to our manager,He kept the club informed of all goings on.

Whitletts contacted our club asking for permission to speak to our manager,He kept the club informed of all goings on.

You shouldn't need to come on here and explain things. It's nobody's business apart from yourselves and Whitletts!

Exactly! Loyalty is a rare thing these days , at the same time there's Nothing wrong with having ambition and wanting a move to a bigger club , that's football at all levels . George is a good coach/manager and he's still at muirkirk so I'd be glad if I was in there shoes

Maybe you lads have forgotten but this is a thread on a Junior Football fan forum, not a club website. As such anyone can comment, give opinion or ask a question in regard to the topic.

Here's mine.

Muirkirk have been enjoying the relative success they have had this season but it's been slipping away in recent weeks. Therefore their boss has got his historical itchy feet syndrome again. Yes, the club have a lot to be grateful to him for but they also deserve a wee bit of undivided loyalty from him. At least for one whole season, surely?

Whather Whitletts are a bigger club is debatable and even if they did approach him, George Grierson should have tried to restore some integrity by ignoring the vacancy.

So Whitletts approach Muirkirk for permission to speak to George, Muirkirk give permission and Whitletts then give the job to an alternate candidate ? Does this not unsettle Muirkirk and George ? I thought interested parties had to apply ? If this was the case then the standard of applicants could not have been high, hence the reason to approach Muirkirk ?

Who your club appointed and when isn't the issue here. The conduct of the Muirkirk manager is and it's the Muirkirk thread. Where's the puzzle?

Why was this not spoke about last week on the Whitletts thread when our new manager was announced? To bring it up now puzzles me.

Archived