Gartcairn Junior new Manager

Gartcairn Army

Army can you name the players you lost to Newmains. I'm not aware of any. There is nothing on offer to the players at Newmains. As I see it all the players are there to play for the new manager.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lads I'll let you all debate away. We lost players to Newmains and Forth this season as for those players they offered either more money or something we didn't that's football. Most of our players are local lads and some have taken less money to be part of it. I suppose getting trackies and all the goodies we provide like breakfast etc makes players feel more worthwhile than an extra £20 per week in some situations that is. I've never claimed that our budget is poor but it's not what all the rumours are suggesting. We have worked hard to get sponsors which allow us all the good things we offer our squad. If it was simply down to money we would not have half the players we do.

Breakfast eh, see you at training. I'll need to get my boots out the museum at Hampden though.

Gary Johnstone manager!!!!!! Lol. Really, lol. You wake up to news like that & it really gives you a right good laugh on a Monday morning. Looks like Gartcairn fallen for Gary's silver tongue.

Only got into junior football because he's strapped onto Stewart McFarlanes back. At Newmains never seen him organise or participate in either training or pre match warm ups. And that was as assistant manager.

Anyone got money on Gartcairn for the league?? Cash out now!

Good luck to Billy McKie, hope he's back in football soon. Too good a coach with plenty of experience. Can confirm that he's a pure gentleman & top bloke.

Gary Johnstone manager!!!!!! Lol. Really, lol. You wake up to news like that & it really gives you a right good laugh on a Monday morning. Looks like Gartcairn fallen for Gary's silver tongue.

Only got into junior football because he's strapped onto Stewart McFarlanes back. At Newmains never seen him organise or participate in either training or pre match warm ups. And that was as assistant manager.

Anyone got money on Gartcairn for the league?? Cash out now!

Good luck to Billy McKie, hope he's back in football soon. Too good a coach with plenty of experience. Can confirm that he's a pure gentleman & top bloke.

Had a fall out with Gary have we?

Anyone got money on Gartcairn

for the league?? Cash out now!.

Sour grapes? What happened S.Irvine? Did all the coaching staff from newmains get offered a job at Gartcairn except you? That's a heck of a chip on your shoulder!

Reserve coach at accies who produced some very good players......must be a terrible coach! I've read your previous posts about Gartcairn and clearly you hold a grudge!

Had a fall out with Gary have we?

Only worked with him for a couple of weeks before I went back to EK FC. In that time I always felt that Gary tells you what HE thinks you want to hear.

Ex Accies reserve coach? Hadn't heard that. All the managers/coaches I've worked with in the juniors - Brian McMullen & Paul McAneny at Ek Thistle, Ian Rankin, Ian McKnight, Mal & Keano, Billy & Joe Roy at Newmains & big mad Ian Currie & John Donnelly at VoC, all put their boots on & worked with players on the training ground.

In 6 or 7 training sessions/pre match or games, not once did I see Gary change into a pair of football boots. Most coaches are happiest on the training pitch. Always seemed to be standing beside Billy whispering.

Mr Irvine as always you are entitled to your opinion and i see your doing well at Shotts now however i would be very careful about what you say about people and the way you say it.

To be honest no one at Gartcairn cares what your opinion is as its fairly obvious that because you were not brought in with Billy and Gary, you are very upset. I can understand this as ive no idea why they over looked you with all the success you have had...... sleep!

Sour grapes? What happened S.Irvine? Did all the coaching staff from newmains get offered a job at Gartcairn except you? That's a heck of a chip on your shoulder!

Reserve coach at accies who produced some very good players......must be a terrible coach! I've read your previous posts about Gartcairn and clearly you hold a grudge!

Your right, I have previously posted my views on Gartcairn, but that's because I didn't approve of the way that they went about their business with Newmains strips, using players etc last season. I had two spells & 18 months of my life at Newmains and don't like to see them getting treated that way.

As for Gary, I've said nothing on hear that I haven't passed onto him in the past.

As for a grudge, or chip on my shoulder, I'd have to say your way off mark their. I've already knocked back an offer from a West Super First division team last season & Glasgow City Ladies in May to stay where I am, working with a club 5 minutes from my house. The days of getting a 40 minute bus journey to training twice a week don't appeal to me anymore.

Mr Irvine as always you are entitled to your opinion and i see your doing well at Shotts now however i would be very careful about what you say about people and the way you say it.

To be honest no one at Gartcairn cares what your opinion is as its fairly obvious that because you were not brought in with Billy and Gary, you are very upset. I can understand this as ive no idea why they over looked you with all the success you have had...... sleep!

Lol. Whatever. Let's see when the trophies are handed out . . . .

Gartcairn Army with so many experienced top level junior managers available through various reasons was this considered prior to Billy getting the job and then Gary?? No disrespect to them as I don't know them, but with the set up and budget you have why not ask for applications for the job? Just curious as I'm sure you would have had loads applying!

Gartcairn Army with so many experienced top level junior managers available through various reasons was this considered prior to Billy getting the job and then Gary?? No disrespect to them as I don't know them, but with the set up and budget you have why not ask for applications for the job? Just curious as I'm sure you would have had loads applying!

Mate thats a fair question. At this point in the season Billly and Gary have put this team together and worked on a lot of different things, Gary has been outstanding around the club and we felt that he could easily step up and do the job required, we also felt that it would be the wrong time to bring someone brand new in as this would disrupt our club and maybe other clubs that these candidates may be involved with.

I cant stress enough that we dont run our club like most do as we will never "sack" anyone who is there voluntary. No matter how good Gary and myself do we will continue to grow the club as best we can on and off the park, if its not good enough for our supporters or committee come the end of the season then we "may" make relevant changes but no one will ever be "sacked"

hey sir - enough of this nonsense!!!! You are a volunteer who will put in over 10 hours per (day) week in to a football team - if you're not doing good enough then your sacked :1eye - crazy. On that note can someone sack me from my roles so i can get about 50 hours of my life back per week please! go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on.

Archived