Gartcairn Junior new Manager

Gartcairn Army

Sportsfan.....I really don't know how you can compare, all I will say is it is a different type of football in the Lowland League. I can only tell you what a couple of players who have signed for me from decent junior sides have said. It's not as physical in the LL and you seem to get less time on the ball in junior football...

Edinburgh City and Eastkilbride are very good sides who would easily compare with the best junior sides. There is no doubt that junior football is stronger overall, but the LL is in its infancy and is much stronger this season (it's 3rd) than it was in its first season.

I know Edinburgh City beat Auchinleck in the Scottish Cup which in itself does not say one is better than the other, but it shows that the top sides could compete.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Craigyboy.....from looking at results I think I know what you mean. There are clusters of teams who are evenly matched but the difference between the top and bottom sides might be more significant than in the junior leagues, where there maybe isn't so much of a gap between all of the teams?

I'm sure the LL will grow stronger with each year that passes. All the best.

The interest in our club has been superb, good bad or indifferent.

My back ground is i played with Shotts under 21's before moving to Bellshill Juniors and then at Shotts. i played at a good level of amateur with Colville Park before retiring due to injury. I then took up management in Sunday football to which i had guided my team to league titles and the last 4 of the Scottish cup before moving to Gartcairn FA. We then competed on a Saturday morning to which we won 3 leagues in three seasons and 7 cups. My knowledge of the local players is very good and i Own my own business which turned over more than 1 million last year and are on target to turn over 3 million this year. I manage over 30 people on a day to day basis and this is one of my strong points as im a good man manager. I will assist the manager in any needs he may have.

Cheers lads

this is getting sad, to come on here spouting what ur personal business does is nothing to do with junior football. Really? Now anybody connected with gartcairn think about it, there are genuine junior folk on here wether they have good,bad or indifferent to say, just get on with it. All the hype on here or in the media about gartcairn, u don't need this. Concentrate on the football side rather than the publicity surrounding ur club. This is not a dig, cos I know gartcairn r extremely well run from top to bottom, so get on wi the football.

My back ground is i played with Shotts under 21's before moving to Bellshill Juniors and then at Shotts. i played at a good level of amateur with Colville Park before retiring due to injury. I then took up management in Sunday football to which i had guided my team to league titles and the last 4 of the Scottish cup before moving to Gartcairn FA. We then competed on a Saturday morning to which we won 3 leagues in three seasons and 7 cups. My knowledge of the local players is very good and i Own my own business which turned over more than 1 million last year and are on target to turn over 3 million this year. I manage over 30 people on a day to day basis and this is one of my strong points as im a good man manager. I will assist the manager in any needs he may have.

Cheers lads

Dragons Den was on Sundayl. U should try on there. Out of interest what's ur projected figures for year 3 and 5?

I'm out :lol:

Best of luck to the new management team.

Lads i was asked about my back ground lol i believe man managing a team of 32 people is relevant lol

Anyway... RRG i didnt take the "job" in the first place because Billy and Gary were number 1 from day one and i was looking after the off the park things with the rest of the committee. We have extra hands now so i can assist the manager

this is getting sad, to come on here spouting what ur personal business does is nothing to do with junior football. Really? Now anybody connected with gartcairn think about it, there are genuine junior folk on here wether they have good,bad or indifferent to say, just get on with it. All the hype on here or in the media about gartcairn, u don't need this. Concentrate on the football side rather than the publicity surrounding ur club. This is not a dig, cos I know gartcairn r extremely well run from top to bottom, so get on wi the football.

Cheers lads[/quote

Dragons Den was on Sundayl. U should try on there. Out of interest what's ur projected figures for year 3 and 5?

Why did you not just take over to begin with and save the hassle.

See post above lol

As a matter of interest when did u play with bellshill gartcairn army , I have taken in bellshill games on and off for longer than I care to remember . I must add it seems to me like you have done well as a manager for yourself with your record

As a matter of interest when did u play with bellshill gartcairn army , I have taken in bellshill games on and off for longer than I care to remember . I must add it seems to me like you have done well as a manager for yourself with your record

Many moons ago mate when Tommy Coyne was there. i broke his toe in training i remember lol

Cheers lads[/quote

When were you there bud?

I do think that lots of people can't help but think gartcairn are giving it a good bit of the big bollocks though for a new club.

From names on the back of jerseys to pre-match meals at the Dakota to the guy coming on here saying about his business making a million one year to three million this year , is it really for a football forum the latter stuff.??

Good to see a professional club coming into the junior ranks but sometimes it can also be good to blend in and keep things low key and build quietly from strength to strength.

Nothing against the good people of gartcairn but just my opinion . :huh:

Only joking by the way!!! Who cares if they are spending money it's a semi pro league where a club can legitimately spend money if they want. And who can blame the person spending the money if they want to have a say in the football side of things. I know if I was putting thousands of pounds into a club Id be playing centre forward every week!!! It will either work for them or it won't and I sincerely hope it does. Junior football needs clubs to raise the profile of the grade and spending money wisely on and off the park is the one way to do it!! Good luck Gartcairn in your inaugural season.

Archived