St Mirren v Livi

LIVIFOREVER

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burchill had a go at our bench right after the tackle. Seems about right! Disappointing to pick on a kid who had just played 3-4 games as a professional.

Going to be a long season by the looks of it though.

Seriously!?

Was this why the Saints fans at the back of the dugouts were going mental.

Surely he can't have condoned that tackle - or expected us to give them the ball back after a clear time-wasting tactic?

What are you talking about? Langfield had nothing to do with the incident, he was the full length of the pitch away in his box.

Goodwin also shouldnt have walked. His yellow wasnt even a foul, he committed one foul after that, which was pretty innocuous. Murray was wrong to take him off, butnI can see why he did it. The only red that should have occurred was Mullan at the end of he first half, when he pulled down Stewart minutes after being booked for dissent. The ref bottled it.

Edit: just noticed you said 'if danny made a rash challenge', I'm assuming you weren't at the game?

I see you never saw my point about taking off your tinted specs for a second :D

All the bookings Colvin gave out early doors were fouls (I mean for both sides) no doubt in my mind. Some refs may not have handed out so many Yellows so early on in the game, but given he did then Goodwin should have walked. I think Colvin suddenly realised this and started to not dish out as many and that's the reason Goodwin never walked likewise Ben Gordon.

Ha ha ha! re your comment on Langfield. Have a look at video footage it was there for all to see he was almost on the half way line shouting at your player not to pass it back. I think given Livi had twice previously given you the ball back the same courtesy should have been shown back. Your team decided not to show that same sportsmanship back.

In regards to the Mullen challenge, as you know the Livi fans were on the other side of the park, so almost impossible to see the actual tackle. In answer to your question I was at the game.

Given how irate the St Mirren fans were (even with there own players) I have ordered my bullet proof vest for Saturday just in case.

I see you never saw my point about taking off your tinted specs for a second :D

All the bookings Colvin gave out early doors were fouls (I mean for both sides) no doubt in my mind. Some refs may not have handed out so many Yellows so early on in the game, but given he did then Goodwin should have walked. I think Colvin suddenly realised this and started to not dish out as many and that's the reason Goodwin never walked likewise Ben Gordon.

Ha ha ha! re your comment on Langfield. Have a look at video footage it was there for all to see he was almost on the half way line shouting at your player not to pass it back. I think given Livi had twice previously given you the ball back the same courtesy should have been shown back. Your team decided not to show that same sportsmanship back.

In regards to the Mullen challenge, as you know the Livi fans were on the other side of the park, so almost impossible to see the actual tackle. In answer to your question I was at the game.

Given how irate the St Mirren fans were (even with there own players) I have ordered my bullet proof vest for Saturday just in case.

Most Saints fans were at the other side of the pitch too - but how can anyone have any doubt about the intent of the tackle given the circumstances.

Mullen was clearly angered that we saw through the time-wasting and decided not to give the ball back to your keeper - who would probably have held it and then thrown himself to the ground to waste a few more seconds.

There's a huge difference in giving the ball back when someone genuinely is hurt, or even if there's a doubt, but even the most blinkered of Livvy fans must surely have known exactly what was going on.

Mullen should have been delighted at running another couple of minutes of the clock, instead he made a shocking 'tackle' in anger.

He sprinted at him and launched himself in FFS. No matter where you were in the ground you could hardly have not known what he was doing.

Good god, even the referee spotted it!

Another point, 8mins stoppage went up, I don't believe the ref played that long.

It was about 5 he actually played.

Doesn't matter though, we could have still been playing just now and wouldn't have scored.

Last entry before "Full Time" appeared on the BBC text updates said 7:43 over the 90.

Last entry before "Full Time" appeared on the BBC text updates said 7:43 over the 90.

Yip, they announced 8 minutes, but play restarted on the 94th minute, and he stopped the game just before the 8 minutes were up.

During the 4 minutes that were actually played, he booked a Livvy player for time wasting. Yet still didn't play the full 8 minutes.

I really do wish they'd move to an NFL style timekeeping system.

30 minutes per half. As soon as play stops, the clock stops. In most matches the ball is only in play for about an hour anyway.

Would mean we wouldn't have to suffer the time wasting antics we saw last night, and there'd be one less thing the refs have to worry about getting right.

Plenty of other areas for controversy to arise, but here's one area that cause problems time and again that could be fixed very very simply.

Yip, they announced 8 minutes, but play restarted on the 94th minute, and he stopped the game just before the 8 minutes were up.

During the 4 minutes that were actually played, he booked a Livvy player for time wasting. Yet still didn't play the full 8 minutes.

I really do wish they'd move to an NFL style timekeeping system.

30 minutes per half. As soon as play stops, the clock stops. In most matches the ball is only in play for about an hour anyway.

Would mean we wouldn't have to suffer the time wasting antics we saw last night, and there'd be one less thing the refs have to worry about getting right.

Plenty of other areas for controversy to arise, but here's one area that cause problems time and again that could be fixed very very simply.

FFS stop yer greetin. :lol:

Obviously I'm not condoning Mullen's behaviour if he tried to do someone, but it does seem a bit rich for Bobby_F to be sounding off about Livingston being dirty while simultaneously complaining about Goodwin being victimised just days after he deliberately forearm smashed someone in the head and didn't even get booked.

Colvin is an absolute disgrace of a referee though, probably the worst in the country at the moment.

Obviously I'm not condoning Mullen's behaviour if he tried to do someone, but it does seem a bit rich for Bobby_F to be sounding off about Livingston being dirty while simultaneously complaining about Goodwin being victimised just days after he deliberately forearm smashed someone in the head and didn't even get booked.

Colvin is an absolute disgrace of a referee though, probably the worst in the country at the moment.

Seconded. Absolute shambles, who we've never won a game under.

Archived