Dundee United v Dunfermline (League Cup - 3rd Round)

Parscelona

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the reasons I got a ticket and didn't just wait until tonight to pay at the gate is because we've only been allocates the Fair Play upper section. What if there are more fans wanting in but United can't open the lower section (not enough stewards, police and catering maybe)?

Jackie Mac in the papers saying he has watched us three times recently. With McCabe signed and Byrne doing well on Saturday I don't think anyone can be very sure what style Pars will adopt.

He doesn't even know what style we are trying to adopt, so the chances of him knowing about any other team are not high.

One of the reasons I got a ticket and didn't just wait until tonight to pay at the gate is because we've only been allocates the Fair Play upper section. What if there are more fans wanting in but United can't open the lower section (not enough stewards, police and catering maybe)?

I would assume they would open up more otherwise they'll look like complete amateurs.

He doesn't even know what style we are trying to adopt, so the chances of him knowing about any other team are not high.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the times he watched us was our charity game against Celtic. He'll be beavering away working out how to stop John Watson, Istvan Kozma and Andy Tod.

As far as i am aware we have been allocated the whole of the Fair Play upper section with the lower tier on standby for increase in demand.

I remember in the hazy past when we were a Premier team. Often when we were truly rank in the league we'd be decent in the cups. Whether it's player bonuses, less pressure, different tactics I don't know but morons like Jocky Scott or Stephen Kenny could suddenly look like competent managers when faced with knockout football. I fear the same may happen tonight and United suddenly play well, especially as we'll either have fullbacks carrying knocks or guys playing there out of position.

I'm really excited for tonight now, ask me a week before I would have said Utd would use this game to remind everyone how good they can be...

Not anymore! Now I don't fear this result and can't wait for the game to begin!!

So if we lose I'll take the blame guys

The Par Fae Aberdeen(shire)

Archived