Inverness Caledonian Thistle v. Heart of Midlothian

To be fair to Hearts, it's been more than a decent honeymoon period for the promoted team.

They should have enough to stay up.

They have the players to easily stay clear like Walker, Paterson, King and Nicholson, they will do well to hold onto Jamie Walker into next season. A good start to the season a bounce has given them a platform and a breathing space so they shouldn't have any pressure on them league wise right now other than from within the team maintaining standards. They are a new team and there will be inconsistent weeks as they adjust to this level, note other teams who started slow should start to be up to speed in match sharpness so they will be pulled back. If there is any criticism it was shown last night in discipline not so much the one player who was carded but what happened afterwards with the team completely losing its composure and shape which resulted in a second goal as a result of being wound up by the sending off. This will not have gone unnoticed by managers or players of other teams streetwise at this level.

Could be a good test for them in their next two games as they play the top two teams in the league.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Juanma. Looks full of skill 1 minute and then like he's never seen a football in his life the next.

Juanma where did Hearts find him?. He was rubbish last night, moaning away to the ref all the time and then there was that dive in the penalty box, why was he not booked for that?. He did nothing of any note at all.

Fon Williams could have got a deck chair out and table, a couple of beers and his i-pod and sat on the goal line and chilled out for most of the game just getting up once in a while to launch a pass back up to the center of the pitch.

A half fit Jamie Walker came on and did more in 25 (+5) minutes than the entire Hearts attack did in an hour, but no one helped him out nor raised their game, Juanma was one, just carried on doing the same.

Juanma where did Hearts find him?. He was rubbish last night, moaning away to the ref all the time and then there was that dive in the penalty box, why was he not booked for that?. He did nothing of any note at all.

Fon Williams could have got a deck chair out and table, a couple of beers and his i-pod and sat on the goal line and chilled out for most of the game just getting up once in a while to launch a pass back up to the center of the pitch.

A half fit Jamie Walker came on and did more in 25 (+5) minutes than the entire Hearts attack did in an hour, but no one helped him out nor raised their game, Juanma was one, just carried on doing the same.

Don't say he dived mate. Despite the fact that he's done it in every game, the jambos go on the defensive and deny it. Mr Romanov in particular cries actual tears if you mention it.

Watched this in the boozer.

I won't argue with the result - ICT deserved it.

Issues with the starting selection - McKirdy did fine, but lacks strength, and Swanson did ok, but is off the pace.

Oshinawaw can't complain about the red card, but the reaction from Sho-Silva was laughable.

Getting a bit fed up with Billy King not starting games, while Walker cannae be fully fit, if he's not starting.

Pallardo and Augustyn cannae be fully fit, either, so why have them on the bench?

A few of our players have a bit to learn, but so does Robbie,

A deserved win for ICT.

Aye, just back from late night in boozer.

Thought Hearts bossed the first half without ever really looking like scoring. ICT's first real attack which lead to their goal was very preventable. Our defence, especially Ozturk, seemed to give them all the room they needed.

Add to that our toothless attack.

ICT didn't look very good TBH and a bit agricultual at times. Equally, Oshinawa, what was he thinking about? Some professional.

Want to see more of King and Walker btw. I know we're in the top tier now but there's nowt to suggest our defence is better than last years so far.

Don't say he dived mate. Despite the fact that he's done it in every game, the jambos go on the defensive and deny it. Mr Romanov in particular cries actual tears if you mention it.

I didn't know about his serial diving until it was mentioned on the radio where one of the com team I can't remember who mentioned he must be about 14 a half stone and goes down so easily every game and he must know the referees have been told to cut out this behaviour. Juanma also had options to his left he could have passed the ball and Hearts would have been in with a clear chance, but chose to take it himself, very selfish.

Highlights are up on the BBC btw.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34148757

I didn't know about his serial diving until it was mentioned on the radio where one of the com team I can't remember who mentioned he must be about 14 a half stone and goes down so easily every game and he must know the referees have been told to cut out this behaviour. Juanma also had options to his left he could have passed the ball and Hearts would have been in with a clear chance, but chose to take it himself, very selfish.

Highlights are up on the BBC btw.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34148757

His fresh air swipe is fantastic. I just walked in from work and my boy came straight up to me laughing with his phone, saying "Wait til you see this".

His fresh air swipe is fantastic. I just walked in from work and my boy came straight up to me laughing with his phone, saying "Wait til you see this".

Some good skills getting passed defenders and then that...?

Our set-pieces, particulary corners are still abysma. With guys like Juanma, Sow and Patterson in the box we should at least be getting something on target now and then. As it was last night, 10 shots off target and none on. Poor show.

Ach well, work in progress. I hope.

Do we have enough points in the bag yet to stay up ?

Wan-ma is a diver.I said/thought that after the fermers game.

Godispap slept with a football player-Mr Levein has been sold another pup.Rossi should be played at left back and the sausage roll at centre back.

https://twitter.com/ByTheMinSPFL/status/642438219158659073

Do we have enough points in the bag yet to stay up ?

Wan-ma is a diver.I said/thought that after the fermers game.

Godispap slept with a football player-Mr Levein has been sold another pup.Rossi should be played at left back and the sausage roll at centre back.

https://twitter.com/ByTheMinSPFL/status/642438219158659073

Had he gone down with that challenge by Meekings he would have got a free kick right on the edge of the box, how he stayed on his feet after that then got a little body check from Draper and went down was just nonsense, he's a big strong lad whom I've seen shrug of worse during the game. Now the ref saw must have seen it as a fair challenge rather than a dive giving the striker the benefit of the doubt but given Juanma's reaction afterwards he gave it away he dived and had he stayed on his feet he could have squared it to the other, I think it was two Hearts players who were in space to the left of him. If I was Neilson I would be very angry with him, he needs a telling, he's costing your team. He's also not very good at it either.

You play Celtic in a couple of weeks watch how those players dive or and cheat to win penalties to see how its possible to con the ref.

We weren't great especially in the first half, I think confidence had a lot to do with that. But in the 2nd half there was a lot to show for us that we are slowly starting getting up to speed. Our two loan signings look a level above the other signings Yogi made during the summer and also although returnee Meekings at times didn't look sharp he gave our back four more balance, he will get there. Draper and Tansey are almost back again to be a solid unit in the midfield, I think Tansey still needs to work on his distribution, but most encouraging last night was our front line, when we were up for it in the 2nd half we looked like scoring and we did. Vincent although not back at his best gave us that energy we lacked previously and Christie was excellent. And we kept a clean sheet.

I didn't think Hearts had a plan B to change their style and maybe go wide and get crosses into our box (a weak spot of ours so far this season) but they just continued to try and work the ball more often down the middle which made it easy for our players to win the ball back, this was more evident in the 2nd half. I thought Hearts look very much like a confidence team that have done well on the bounce in the early games but now everyone is catching up and playing their own style against them and they seem to lack ideas on how to deal with this. I was surprised how easily Hearts lost the midfield in the 2nd half, I can see why now against a physical Accies team they lost that game as well.

Just read that this was Inversneckys first win of the season................ and the firt time they had scored at home :lol:

RN put back in his box by Bingo Hughes cornette.png

Aye :lol:

We've been chronic, but there have been good reasons for this.

ICT defended extremely well. It is quite a while since we had 0 shots on target.

Having Josh Meekings back definitely made a difference. He's strong, reasonably quick for his size, and just knows where he should be. Having him behind them probably gives Draper and Tansey more confidence too. If he stays fit and we end up having a half-decent season, Meekings will most likely be our next player to leave for a bigger club.

The first half was an absolute non-event, but I was encouraged by the way we played in the second half. After a few weeks of watching Lopez lumbering about and falling over whenever he gets within 20 yards of goal, it was a relief to see how quick and determined Miles Storey looked, and how composedly he took his goal. There were a couple of wee flashes from Sho-Silva too, particularly one moment when he readjusted his positioning really well to head just wide, that suggest he could be useful. His reaction to Oshaniwa's hook was a bit embarrassing, but as others have said, it was a sending off anyway.

Hopefully not a false dawn. Will be heading up to Tannadice next week looking forward to an ICT game more than any time since Bucharest.

Carl Tremarco, he's here, he's there, he's everywhere. Then goes missing when we are are counter attacked on our left. :lol:

This happened once or twice, and I thought 'where is he?' took me a few seconds before seeing him running into the penalty box as Devine had to come out to the left to cover. :lol:

No, he did well last night though, definitely his best game for us so far.

We were absolutely terrible last night. Barely any fight, we had a lot of possession but never looked like doing anything with it, except when Walker came on. Only player that looked capable of doing something last night for us. Christie was very good last night it has to be said.

Archived