Kings of Fife v 2nd team in Ayrshire

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable pars posters going on about this should have been a red card, should have been a foul, ref was a joke etc etc, what about all the diving, pushing and pulling that the so called jokes of a ref seem to miss from you lot. Was the panic charity tins out in force after the game? has Johnston been sacked yet?

Did you watch the second half? Any comment on Dunfermline's bullying tactic?

Yeah I thought it was a disgrace every time Pars players were going down whenever an Ayr thug went through the back of them. Shameful.

Unbelievable pars posters going on about this should have been a red card, should have been a foul, ref was a joke etc etc, what about all the diving, pushing and pulling that the so called jokes of a ref seem to miss from you lot. Was the panic charity tins out in force after the game? has Johnston been sacked yet?

We're sitting one point behind the league leaders champ, probably best to jump back over and dissect why you're sitting in the wrong playoffs.

Did you watch the second half? Any comment on Dunfermline's bullying tactic?

I genuinely wish this had happened, we were so soft.

Things I have have learned from that game

- Make more conservative predictions.

- McCall still sets his sides out to injure.

- Whoever that referee was is a fucking joke.

- We played rather poorly.

Started off too slowly, not moving the ball around at all well, fair play to Ayr, they were well up for it and played some lovely football. Passes were going astray far too often and we always started closing down far too late. Disappointed that McCall changed from playing football to actively trying to injure players, the man is a fucking disgrace. The tackle on Fordyce looked utterly horrific but will need to wait for the highlights til I can make a proper judgement on it, some utterly baffling and simply awful decisions from the ref today. Looked like a foul on Murdoch for the second goal as well but, again, I'll need to see the replays before I can tell.

In terms of performances, nobody played particularly well, Joey and Paton were sitting too deep to actually be a forward threat, Fez still looking hungry but trying to play the ball too much, Moffat was fairly ineffective, MAC looked decent when he game on, got in good positions, a fucking daft push on the number 6 at the end but that was clearly out of pure frustration. Falky was poor, full-backs looked sluggish. We seriously need to work on our distribution from the back, all we offered was a poor pass to the midfield that was cut out more often than not or BRE pumping it forward.

Fleming, after playing shite for us, turns in a blinder, the p***k.

Really struggling with numbers at the back now that Fordyce is out, from the reactions of the boys around him it looked like an obvious leg break. :(

Still, should get back on track next weekend and still really looking forward to the United game :thumsup2

7-1 :lol:

We were poor today and didn't really get going at all, so on that front I've no complaints about the result. We lost two bad goals - for the first, our defence were all over the place and Murdoch needed to be stronger in dealing with the cross for the second goal.

Fleming had a few really good saves but we were quite lethargic overall and didn't play with anywhere near as much pace or purpose as we needed to.

But the referee, while not the reason we lost, was appalling. He let a few bad challenges go - especially on Falkingham - but from my view, the one on Fordyce was from behind, off the ground and out of control. To not award even a free kick is criminal, and to see Fordyce stretchered off with an injury that could keep him out for months was awful.

It's one thing for teams to be physical - I expect it from teams. But some of the tackling out there was beyond that and the referee had no control over things whatsoever.

No doubt there'll be "seething" and "verge of tears" patter on this thread, but I've stated from the outset I have no complaints over the result - Ayr were better than us on the day. But some of the tackling which has resulted in one of our players sustaining a serious injury was poor.

Archived