Roker Rover hits Inverness (and Elgin)

Took a day off work on Friday and looking to come up to Inverness to watch the Hearts match then off to see the mighty Berwick at Elgin on Saturday before returning South to see Sunderland v Spurs on Sunday. The Friday night TV game and the Sunderland game being moved to Sunday opens up the chance to knock off two of the furthest grounds I have left to visit on one trip so it was not to be missed.

Will be camping at the Bught Park campsite. Where are the popular bars pre match with fans of both sides and any other advice re attending an Inverness match (best place to sit etc) would be most appreciated.

On this trip I will be alone but I will most probably persist with the tradition of donning the red and white stripes at Scottish grounds which has stood us in good stead thus far, so if you see a bloke in a Sunderland shirt then feel free to come up and say hello.

Inverness will be Scottish Ground number 31 and Elgin will be number 32.

Were you at the Partick Thistle v Ross County match at the end of the 2013/14 season with some friends? I remember some decent Sunderland fans in the pub before the game.

Enjoy your journey up. I would sit in the main stand, the view from behind the goals isn't great.

Were you at the Partick Thistle v Ross County match at the end of the 2013/14 season with some friends? I remember some decent Sunderland fans in the pub before the game.

The session in Inn Deep that evening after the game was quite something. The Sunderland fans were a good laugh.

The session in Inn Deep that evening after the game was quite something. The Sunderland fans were a good laugh.

One of my favourite days in recent years. Drunk as shit, pitch invasion, home and away fans celebrating staying up and decent weather. Only downside was getting punched by Mixed Doner Hogie who sometimes posts on here. Only spoke to one of the Sunderland fans but he was happy to chat despite me being completely incomprehensible due to too much bevvy.

Enjoy your journey up. I would sit in the main stand, the view from behind the goals isn't great.

Yeah that was us. Just me on my lonesome this time though.

We also enjoyed the Partick Ross game and the fans we met were great.

Re the weather at Inverness, I always travel with an assortment of winter coats in my boot for the football, so will go for something substantial on this occasion.

Archived