Dynamo Dingwall vs. Maryhill Thistle

Apparently both sides are on 14 wins each (with 13 draws) in league meetings, so a massive game here. Will County make it 15? Will Partick make it 15? Will we end up on 14 draws, and 14 wins each? There's narrative aplenty with that and the Scott Fox subplot. From what little I've seen and from what I've heard, Scott Fox has been reasonably solid so far this season. Inevitably this will be the game which sees him having a complete disaster, chucking in two in a 1-3 victory for Partick.

Curran will probably miss out. There's a small side column in the paper about him still feeling ill following the concussion against Kilmarnock (if he went off with concussion I don't quite grasp why he was playing against Dundee United the following week?). That's a concern but you would expect the same team that played against Motherwell to start on Saturday.

Partick appear to be in dreadful form but they look to be creating chances in the limited highlights I've seen. Had County won on Saturday I would be extremely confident and predicting a County win by a couple of goals. However, letting Motherwell grab a late equaliser means I'm a bit wary of Partick getting a goal and pegging County back, a la Motherwell.

P.S., Does Kingsley travel to away games?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Start with Sean Welsh AND Gary Fraser and encourage both to adopt a shoot on sight policy.

Also put Amoo on the left and Lawless on the right with strict instruction to cut in and pepper the near post with shots.

The Mallard used to be good until they started with the pishy, plastic tumblers.

The Viking do the same but I'm usually to mangled to care.

If we adopt Nizzy's tactics then it'll be a good afternoon.

Reasons for optimism;

- We've got an excellent record in Dingwall.

- Ross County have gifted us our first win of the season for the past two seasons.

Reasons for negativity;

- Just about everything else you can think of.

Comfortable home win.

Will it spoil the day? Will it curtail the bevying?

No. No it won't.

Archived