PES2016

djchapsticks

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, KingQuerrey said:

No football manager-like shite where you just shove your best rated players in your team and away you go

What FM games do you play?

Just seen this the now.

I actually disagree. Once you get going and start winning league titles and into the Champions League groups, FM is a piece of piss. It's just a case of getting the best regens every year. One good tactic will do you for the entirety of the game.

See I'm quite new to FM and I've been struggling a bit so far. I'll do well for 5 or 6 games then just go on a shocking run of form. Cue me panicking and changing the tactics and repeating the cycle.

Just seen this the now.

I actually disagree. Once you get going and start winning league titles and into the Champions League groups, FM is a piece of piss. It's just a case of getting the best regens every year. One good tactic will do you for the entirety of the game.

I'm not wanting to ruin this thread with FM chat, but in the most recent versions they've updated it so the AI figures out your tactic. It's almost impossible to use the same tactic for a full season now. You can use the same formation but roles/instructions need to be tweaked regularly unless your squad is miles ahead of the others.

• 2 weeks later...

Started master league with east anglia (ipswich?). Played five and every game has been an absolute thriller, loving this so far.
Only signed a Bulgarian keeper so far, giving the players the first half of the season to prove themselves before I start splashing the cash.
Arqas is running the show in midfield with mattieson (sp?) Banging them in from left wing.
Sitting sixth but confident I can win the league once I strengthen a little.

• 2 weeks later...

Loving the master league. I well and truly have the pro ev bug again. Half way through the season and sitting sixth. Just won six on the trot after a terrible run of results where I dropped to 19th. Was fucking about with formations, ended up back where I started with 4-3-3. Arqas is an 80 already, just knocked back a 10m bid for him.

Johnny Russell is surprisingly good in this game, rapid and has a sweet left peg. Other decent signings I've made is Danny Ings and Loftus Cheek. The latter starts at 71 but after two consecutive games his rating keeps shooting up. He's like 6ft5 as well.

Archived