Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

After Europe won the Ryder cup I felt great for about a week.

After Scotland beat France in Paris a few years back I felt fantastic for about a week.

Andy Murray won the US Open almost 2 weeks ago and that f*cking grin has still not left my face.

Well done Andy, the pressure is off now, go enjoy your tennis and win more Slams!

Edited by stu20vt

After Europe won the Ryder cup I felt great for about a week.

After Scotland beat France in Paris a few years back I felt fantastic for about a week.

Andy Murray won the US Open almost 2 weeks ago and that f*cking grin has still not left my face.

Well done Andy, the pressure is off now, go enjoy your tennis and win more Slams!

I have looked every day, sometimes more than once a day, at his career stats on Wikipedia since his win at the US Open. It's great to see the wee green W in his Grand Slam timeline.

First set Murray in the tie break. 3-2 on serve in the second. No media outlets carrying this, having to follow it on the ATP website.

Don't think even Sky are covering this until Thursday. Which is QF day by my reckoning.

5-4 on serve in the second. Karlovic has serve SEVENTEEN aces thus far. :lol:

Edit: and the first break of serve gives Murray a 7-6, 6-4 win. Good win given that Karlovic can be a tricky opponent when his serve is firing, and with 17 aces it clearly was.

Pleasing. :D

Edited by Monster

5-4 on serve in the second. Karlovic has serve SEVENTEEN aces thus far. :lol:

Edit: and the first break of serve gives Murray a 7-6, 6-4 win. Good win given that Karlovic can be a tricky opponent when his serve is firing, and with 17 aces it clearly was.

Pleasing. :D

Karlovic is an opponent that nobody will want to face. Very annoying player but decent win for Murray and hopefully goes on to regain his title!

Wawrinka is a difficult opponent on hard courts. His back-hand is a thing of beauty when its firing.

Interesting interview with Murray after yesterdays win over Karlovic. Where he admitted the next GS was always in the back of his mind at these types of tournaments. And now that he has won one, he can put more focus on indivudual matches and the lesser tournaments.

Just beat Wawrinka there 6-2 3-6 6-2. Caught the final set and looked relatively comfortable. At 5-2 in the third and 30-30 he tried one of those front facing betwwen the leg shots that Federer is famous for and made a complete cunt of it. Quite amusing.

Future 20-time GS winner Milos Raonic next. I don't even think there is much point in Murray showing up tbf. Raonic will win 6-0 6-0.

Future 20-time GS winner Milos Raonic next. I don't even think there is much point in Murray showing up tbf. Raonic will win 6-0 6-0.

Well, future GS winner Milos Raonic did indeed win.

Well, future GS winner Milos Raonic did indeed win.

Not quite the 6-0 6-0 we all expected but a 2-1 win over Murray is a great starting block for winning the AO in January without dropping a set. Which is highly likely.