Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Murray will win in 4. Birdman will pillage him in the first set, then have one of his routine mental collapse's. I also fancy Youzhny to beat Murray for a place in the semis.

Should have put a bet on.

That was some mental collapse in that set there.

I blame the rain delay. ph34r.gif

Edit: Fair play to Berdych though, whatever it was he did during the break worked well.

Edited by McKee

I blame the rain delay. ph34r.gif

Edit: Fair play to Berdych though, whatever it was he did during the break worked well.

I think if Murray came out of that break with more ambition, you might have been right, but Berdych had no reason at any point to be worried. As I said, Murray just wasn't looking right out there.

If they just kept playing instead of that second set, the adrenaline might have helped Murray.

I think if Murray came out of that break with more ambition, you might have been right, but Berdych had no reason at any point to be worried. As I said, Murray just wasn't looking right out there.

If they just kept playing instead of that second set, the adrenaline might have helped Murray.

I'd agree with this. He didn't look right all day today. worrying with the english grass season coming up.

Murray's been pretty poor ever since the Aussie Open final. He needs to get his mojo back quickly, as there's other players such as Cilic, Del Potro and Soderling now waiting in the wings to take over when (if!!) Rafa and the Fed fall away. Not quite the procession to the top of the mens game he was thinking it would be.

Until he gets someone in his coaching staff who can improve his mental toughness, I fear he may never get the chance of a Grand Slam. He just doesn't seem confident in his own ability anymore. It's quite worrying.

The big difference between murray and the level that nadal and federer play at is that even when their opponent is playing out of their skin, they find ways to neutralise them, even if they are playing shite theirselves.

Until he finds a way to dictate these players even when he's playing poorly, he ll never have the mental strength to win a slam

Shows just how amazing Federer is, to have actually increased his level as his career has gone on.

Murray and Djokovic are both going backwards. No danger Murray will win a Grand Slam in his career. Just doesn't have it.

Murray and Djokovic are both going backwards. No danger Murray will win a Grand Slam in his career. Just doesn't have it.

I think it's too early to draw that conclusion. He's certainly going through a poor-ish spell at the moment (though he's just fundamentally not that good on clay and a last 16 position isn't unreasonable for him) but it's hardly long enough to be described as "going backwards" yet. Neither really is Djokovic, though I've never been convinced about his long-term credentials to be honest.