Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

That is simply the finest performance I've seen from Murray, with the possible exception of the 2008 U.S. Open semi-final when he beat Nadal.

This secures his ranking at no. 4, something I think was important to him psychologically.

I genuinely hope he can beat Federer tomorrow night and then go into the U.S. Open on a high. :D

I genuinely hope he can beat Federer tomorrow night and then go into the U.S. Open on a high. :D

You don't know that it will be him. :P

Probably will be though. :lol:

I'm pleased Nadal got pumped, just there. He's a total p***k and I frequently jeer the TV whenever he is on. He'll never be as good as Fed. The sooner his knees completely f**k up and he is forced to sadly retire, whilst his many fans sob because of the terrible news, the better. Absolutely despise all of this "Vamos Rafa" bullshit, f**k off.

As for Murray, well played, clearly the better player on the American hard court. I think now that Federer is past his best, Murray is the best on that surface. I tip him in the following US and Australian Open events. Whether it be Federer, or Djokovic, I think he'll win tomorow. Once Murray wins one slam, the others will follow more easily, and it will be Murray and Del Potro who will dominate the tennis world. Nadal will only win the clay events, and everybody knows they are shit.

Murray's serve wasn't good enough today, everything else was fantastic. Best he has been hitting his forehand for a long time. Absolutely beasted Nadal, on the slowest hard court around, which will give Murray extra satisfaction. Roger Federer and Nobreath Chokeovic have been shite recently, so Murray starts as favourite against either. Must serve better though.

I'm pleased Nadal got pumped, just there. He's a total p***k and I frequently jeer the TV whenever he is on. He'll never be as good as Fed. The sooner his knees completely f**k up and he is forced to sadly retire, whilst his many fans sob because of the terrible news, the better. Absolutely despise all of this "Vamos Rafa" bullshit, f**k off.

As for Murray, well played, clearly the better player on the American hard court. I think now that Federer is past his best, Murray is the best on that surface. I tip him in the following US and Australian Open events. Whether it be Federer, or Djokovic, I think he'll win tomorow. Once Murray wins one slam, the others will follow more easily, and it will be Murray and Del Potro who will dominate the tennis world. Nadal will only win the clay events, and everybody knows they are shit.

Del Potro and Murray dominating the tennis world. :lol: Are you fucking high?

Del Potro and Murray dominating the tennis world. laugh.gif Are you fucking high?

No. Del Potro is underrated, I think he could even be better than Murray in a few years time. He's already won a slam and hasn't reached anywhere near his peak yet. Fantastic player.

Murray can also still improve, and when he wins his first slam, which I believe will be the US next month, he will gain confidence and start to dominate more. He just needs to work on his first serve %.

Djokovic isn't good enough. He's peaked, in my opinion and should not be ranked at 2, although that's the way it works.

Nadal can't play any better. He'll dominate the clay court events, but I reckon he'll retire pretty young, too many injuries.

Federer is too old now, unfortunately, still the best in history and nobody will be as good as him, ever.

I think Soderling will be a cracking player, he's really strong on all surfaces and a dangerous opponent. Infact, for the first time ever, I was wrong. I reckon Del Potro, Murray and Soderling will be the dominant forces, within the next few years.

Tsonga is good, but again, not as good as those player, I stil think he'll win a slam.

No. Del Potro is underrated, I think he could even be better than Murray in a few years time. He's already won a slam and hasn't reached anywhere near his peak yet. Fantastic player.

Murray can also still improve, and when he wins his first slam, which I believe will be the US next month, he will gain confidence and start to dominate more. He just needs to work on his first serve %.

Djokovic isn't good enough. He's peaked, in my opinion and should not be ranked at 2, although that's the way it works.

Nadal can't play any better. He'll dominate the clay court events, but I reckon he'll retire pretty young, too many injuries.

Federer is too old now, unfortunately, still the best in history and nobody will be as good as him, ever.

I think Soderling will be a cracking player, he's really strong on all surfaces and a dangerous opponent. Infact, for the first time ever, I was wrong. I reckon Del Potro, Murray and Soderling will be the dominant forces, within the next few years.

Tsonga is good, but again, not as good as those player, I stil think he'll win a slam.

Del Potro underrated? Soderling dominating tennis?(I don't think you realise he is already 26 and at his peak?) Tsonga winning a slam? :lol: Where do you keep finding these gems from? What are you going to try and tell me next, Verdasco will triple bagel Nadal at Roland Garros? Del Potro is the most overrated player in tennis, other than Robin Soderling, and possibly Berdych at the moment. You quite obviously don't realise how hard it would be to "dominate tennis" with that style of play. Del Potro, Soderling and Berdych are ball bashers, they have very little variety in their games, for any 3 of them to win a slam they would need to be on fire for 2 whole weeks, which is hard enough. Take into account that their particular playing style combined with their physique will result in more injuries. In fact Del Potro has already missed the whole season with an injury(a wrist injury which is one of most difficult to come back from). There is a reason one dimentional ballbashers have never dominated tennis. Djokovic has had a slump year, he is definitely good enough. Federer is not finished by a long shot, HC is by far his best surface, he still has a few majors left in him. You don't seem to realise how week the competition is. I'm willing to bet that at least 11 out of the next 12 grandslams are won by a member of the big 4.