Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Federer and Nadal have played six times on hard, winning three times each. Clearly Nadal is most comfortable on clay, but there isn't much difference between grass and hard. He has five Masters 1000 hard court titles (plus 4 runners up) and an Australian Open.

Not nowadays. They have the grass courts playing at a similar pace to some of the hardcourts now. You very rarely see the old serve volleyers anymore as a result.

If people are interested, this is a good link:

Tennis form Games Per Set

It's a good indicator of the speed of various courts. The less games per set, the more easy it is to break serve, thus the slower the court usually. As you can see from that link, the fastest courts are the indoor hard courts in various places, followed by the various grass courts.

Uh huh. Again, being the best grass court player in the world at this time generally means that will be true.

The facts are that Nadal cruised through in straight sets. Nadal's best performance on grass was arguably the epic final against Federer, which, if you want to know what a close match on grass really looks like, you should go back and watch.

And even then, I never felt Nadal was going to lose that day.

That was a strange match. Even though he won it 6-3, Murray didn't really seem on top in the first set. The second set was a bit like his second set against Monfils last week. It just goes to show if you lose your confidence and hit weak shots to ball-bashers like Chardy, you'll get punished.

I think Chardy's medical time-out was the break Murray needed because when play resumed, he destroyed his opponent and the third set was pretty routine.

The talented Latvian next for the big lad, I reckon he should win in 2 though.

Murray plays Gulbis next in Cincy

A wankfest beckons for McKee rolleyes.gif

You'll be dissapointed then. I expect Murray to defeat Gulbis, but that won't stop intollerant posters like you and blue4578 quoting one of my posts about Gulbis with a laughing smilie after it, will it?

You'll be dissapointed then. I expect Murray to defeat Gulbis, but that won't stop intollerant posters like you and blue4578 quoting one of my posts about Gulbis with a laughing smilie after it, will it?

Grow up. You may be immature but I'm not. If you post nonsense, I'll disagree all day long. I've no interest in mocking you for the sake of it. Whoever wins this match is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things.

By the way, it is intolerant not intollerant.

No I won't laugh. Why would I select one game when there's a whole career's worth still out there?

I'll just quietly shake my head at your argumentative skills re Murray being a choker and then saying he's better than Fed on grass.

Your posts seem to ride an emotional rollercoaster that a little bit of thought before submitting can solve.

It's madness using any betting site other than Betfair for in running tennis. Bookmakers are ripping you off in comparison. The price was 1.7 on Betfair after two games, didn't see before that.

I don't understand the site, ive read your piece and signed up to it, yet i still don't understand it.

To be honest i am only betting a quid or two on tennis/football.

I only bet semi big 20-50 quid on golf, and im happy with my margins.

There's nothing to it really, most newcomers to it just need a bit of experience to get the hang of it. Betfair even go on tour around the UK doing workshops to help people get to grips with it. :D Certainly for outright golf you get much bigger prices on Betfair, apart from on the favourites. Good for virtually all golf bets too.

Meanwhile, Gulbis has stopped trying to finesse Murray and gone back to how he played the first set. Hopefully he sticks with it, as I've layed Murray at short odds when he went a break up in the third there.

Grow up. You may be immature but I'm not. If you post nonsense, I'll disagree all day long. I've no interest in mocking you for the sake of it. Whoever wins this match is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things.

By the way, it is intolerant not intollerant.

Trust me, you are the most intolerant poster I've ever met on this forum, and I doubt that will ever change. You don't dissagre with people, you just label their opinions and viewpoints as wrong. Very tiresome.

No I won't laugh. Why would I select one game when there's a whole career's worth still out there?

I'll just quietly shake my head at your argumentative skills re Murray being a choker and then saying he's better than Fed on grass.

Your posts seem to ride an emotional rollercoaster that a little bit of thought before submitting can solve.

Because that's the common mantra for poster on P&B.

Why would I sit down and plan out my posts? Impulse is a wonderdul thing.

P.S I never labelled Murray as a choker. Well I did, but I used the wrong term, and you, and everyone else, agreed with the reasoing behind it.