Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

It's incredible to see Spain not in the World Group. Good opportunities as the I believe if we went through against the USA we would be due to play France at home as well if they got past Germany.

The Chinese Tour for Murray (Scheznen, Beijing and Shanghai) starts on Monday. His draw if it goes to seedings is Gilles Simon in the QF, Richard Gasquet in the SF and David Ferrer in the Final.

The Chinese Tour for Murray (Scheznen, Beijing and Shanghai) starts on Monday. His draw if it goes to seedings is Gilles Simon in the QF, Richard Gasquet in the SF and David Ferrer in the Final.

Quite a tough draw for 250 event. Never understood why he has never played in one of these diddy 250 clay events earlier in yr, so he can add clay title to the bag..

Quite a tough draw for 250 event. Never understood why he has never played in one of these diddy 250 clay events earlier in yr, so he can add clay title to the bag..

He couldn't win a clay tournament when he was playing the best tennis of his career so he was highly unlikely to win one when he was in the worst form of his career, even a 'lowly' 250.

I'm sure Andy thought the same.

I'm glad I didn't choose this year to go down to the ATP finals, of course it's not all about Andy but it would definitely be a better tournament if he was there.

He couldn't win a clay tournament when he was playing the best tennis of his career so he was highly unlikely to win one when he was in the worst form of his career, even a 'lowly' 250.

I'm sure Andy thought the same.

I'm glad I didn't choose this year to go down to the ATP finals, of course it's not all about Andy but it would definitely be a better tournament if he was there.

As he hates clay and can't be bothered playing on it. He doesn't care if he never wins a title on clay. The little time he spends on the clay the better for his health and mood. Murray has only ever played mandatory events on clay. If he really wanted to win a title on clay he could play them all over Europe after the grass court season, play in the South American swing, and add the 500 clay court events throughout the world.

He plays Juan Monaco tomorrow for a place in the Final, which will be his first since July 2013, if he makes it through. Ferrer having already exited the tournament means that he will most likely play Tommy Robredo in the final. (Although Giraldo does lead 2-1 in their head to head), Both Ferrer and Gasquet who are in the running for the ATP Finals both went out early.

The draw for the Beijing Open will be out tomorrow I think, ideally he will be drawn in Berdych or Cilic quarters knowing full well if he gets past them he will stand to overtake him in the Race.

Good to hear Murray came back from losing the first set 6-2 to win.

The turn around came at 3-3 in the 2nd when he went on to win the next 9 games to win the match 2-6 6-3 6-0.

When is the final?

8am tomorrow morning.

Andy Murray v Tommy Robredo is live on Eurosport Sky Channel 410 from 8am tomorrow.