Andy Murray The Greatest and General Tennis Chat

Bryan

Dan Evans takes the first set 7-6. Play has been pretty solid on serve. Match is pretty boring.

Evans wins the first eight points in the second set to go 2-0 up with an early break.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Dan Evans takes the first set 7-6. Play has been pretty solid on serve. Match is pretty boring.

Evans wins the first eight points in the second set to go 2-0 up with an early break.

and in the end loses the 2nd set and goes a break down in the 1st game

Edited by ajwffc

On 9/13/2018 at 09:08, Buddist Monk said:

<racist, racism, blah blah>

So, in short, you claim it's not offensive because you don't find it offensive, and things you don't find offensive are entirely allowed because it's about freedom of expression. The thing is, you are not the sole arbiter of what is offensive

Well yes, exactly, and neither are you, nor Serena, nor Salman Rushdie, nor Zuckerberg, nor anyone.

I suggest that totalitarian ideologues operating under victimhood/saviour complexes aren't the best go-to arbiters of choice, if there are to be arbiters.

On 9/13/2018 at 09:08, Buddist Monk said:

Your victimhood claim, btw, is not addressing the issue, it's addressing the person. Play the ball not the man. I would also counter that not being black puts you at a disadvantage in judging what a section of society finds offensive.

I am absolutely playing the ball in the game being played, as the ball has been turned into 'the man' under identity politics.

See the trap identity politics sets for yourself - you've no idea what skin colour I have nor ethnicity I am, yet have referred to this twice now. Play the ball not the man, I thought?

Tell me what this e.g. 'black section of society' monolith finds offensive, or are individual e.g. black people allowed their own opinions outside of this hivemind of how 'Progressives' expect and demand e.g. black people to think and take offense? Rather racist stereotyping!

Andy Murray starts his Asian campaign on Monday against Zhizhen Zhang a fellow Wild card entry (both currently ranked in the 300s).  The winner to play Goffin in round 2 and then a potential match against Verdasco if he was to get that far.  He will then play the Beijing Open and then that will be the end of his season.

He will then have a prolonged pre-season to get him ready for Australia.

Andy Murray starts his Asian campaign on Monday against Zhizhen Zhang a fellow Wild card entry (both currently ranked in the 300s).  The winner to play Goffin in round 2 and then a potential match against Verdasco if he was to get that far.  He will then play the Beijing Open and then that will be the end of his season.
Is he not playing the Shanghai or Paris masters? Or is his ranking too bad for entry?

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
11 hours ago, Loki said:

Is he not playing the Shanghai or Paris masters? Or is his ranking too bad for entry?

If he wanted entry he could have used his protected ranking, but he is definitely not playing those events  PR allows you to enter thirteen events directly.  As far as I know he has only done this once at the US Open.  All other events he has been offered a Wild Card.  Himself and Wawrinka are in a great position where they will be offered Wild Cards due to their reputation and what they have done for Tennis.