Chinese praise for Gideon...

Fide

.. for putting business ahead of human rights.

Hyuh hyuh! Well done Gidiot!

Jump media player

"Of course we're two completely different political systems and we raise human rights issues, but I don't think that is inconsistent with also wanting to do more business with one-fifth of the world's population."

Mr Osborne, who also visited Shanghai and Beijing this week, has set out an aim of making China the UK's second largest trading partner by 2025.

"We are building an ever closer relationship with China - it's a partnership that is set to unleash growth and help regions like Xinjiang, where we know investment can make a real difference, as well as unleash new growth back home," he said on Wednesday.

You cant expect him to go 'cap in hand' in private to the Chinese and then go give them a good slating in public, surely!?

What sort of a Politician worth their salt would do that?

You must be so proud of him Robert.

I bet you can even look at a picture of him without crying blood.

You must be so proud of him Robert.

I bet you can even look at a picture of him without crying blood.

I cant stand the smug wee pri*k, but he aint gonna win any £favours with the Chinese by putting the boot in, no matter how

principled that may be? It's a non story Fidey. You think if wee Nikki was over there on a Scottish Trade Mission pitching for investment she'd get torn into em on their Human Rights record as soon as she got off the plane?

I cant stand the smug wee pri*k, but he aint gonna win any £favours with the Chinese by putting the boot in, no matter how

principled that may be? It's a non story Fidey. You think if wee Nikki was over there on a Scottish Trade Mission pitching for investment she'd get torn into em on their Human Rights record as soon as she got off the plane?

It's only a non story for Tory fanboys who are perfectly at ease with their ideological crusade against the working class.

It's only a non story for Tory fanboys who are perfectly at ease with their ideological crusade against the working class.

I'm far from a 'Tory fan boy' and I'm struggling to see the problem here unless we are back in Kevthedunce territory and refusing to do business with China.

Kev will be along in a minute stating how much a disgrace the UK is for doing deals with those dastly Chinese....

This is really a non-story

Red china :thumsup2

The only thing is Gideon has given the chinese 3 mill to promote the epl,better together and all that

She actually started before she even got on the plane

http://m.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/nicola-sturgeon-to-take-human-rights-message-to-china-1-3837769

Nicola Sturgeon has spoken of the importance of respecting human rights ahead of a trade mission to China at the end of this week.

The First Minister will promote Scottish business with one of the world’s largest economies when she travels to China and Hong Kong.

"I also believe that economic growth and equality are two sides of the same coin. That is why I will be speaking about women’s rights and the benefits equality can bring to the economy"

Another cracking post from you. Are you ever right about anything?

She actually started before she even got on the plane

http://m.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/nicola-sturgeon-to-take-human-rights-message-to-china-1-3837769

Nicola Sturgeon has spoken of the importance of respecting human rights ahead of a trade mission to China at the end of this week.

The First Minister will promote Scottish business with one of the world’s largest economies when she travels to China and Hong Kong.

"I also believe that economic growth and equality are two sides of the same coin. That is why I will be speaking about women’s rights and the benefits equality can bring to the economy"

Another cracking post from you. Are you ever right about anything?

Have you read her speech? Can't believe she chose to make comparison with equality issues in Scotland, who'd have thought it eh?

Archived