Ross County vs Aberdeen - 16/10/15 (BT Sport)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to see the younger Dons fans getting a taste of what us old codgers have been through in the past couple of decades.

I wonder if we'll get Stenhousemuir in the cup................

Ach well, can't challenge for the title every season. Hope we can get Europe still. Or at least win another game before the end of the season!

County/Dundee/StJ all seem to have their act together this season, making the bigger teams like Utd and Well and Hearts look a bit foolish! (And us!!)

Don't really know where to go from here. Don't trust the new lads (Mcglaughlin and Parker) enough, would stick Smith in, maybe Wright too. Also give McLean a shot in the no10 role, he's always played his best there. Tough spell for del!

Hats off to Brian Graham. In the first half an hour, I thought he did more for the team than in all his previous games put together, and it only got better from there. He was the 'nuisance' people have mentioned, but with pace and control and composure, and finally winning headers.

Curran back, Graham off the mark... Hope Schalk isn't going to be the new Sernas!

P.S. It's already been said, but what a team effort.

That's as good a County performance as I've seen since we hammered Motherwell at the GES a couple of seasons ago.

They created so many chances, five or six wouldn't have been an unfair reflection. And it's odd that Boyce had his one off-night. As long as he's creating chances, if he's not taking them it doesn't matter so much.

I've already said I'm a Graham fan, but I quite get why he'll polarise the fans. Some of the stick he gets - almost entirely from OTB posters - is completely OTT though.

In terms of OTT stick, the Ricky Foster thread on AFC chat is a very hilarious case of tail-between-legs. What is it with team-dedicated forums and a spectacular lack of reason? OTB is the same.

Massive response required from the dons tonight. I think it's a shame that county will be on the receiving end of the onslaught, as they seem quite nice, but that's what it needs to be. 0-Loads

:lol:

When Craig Curran went flying off the pitch when chasing down the ball and Jim McIntyre steered him around and pushed him back on, with Curran's legs continually motoring... that's my moment so far of the McIntyre era.

Curran was so good last night. It's great to have a full complement of strikers now with different skills.

Also: great call by the manager to use Foster on the left. His pace gave Quinn big problems in the first half; his defensive awareness to track Logan every single time was an important detail in the second half.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/34556033

Highlights up already, and the usual BBC nonsense at the start confusing Murdoch for Rocco. Aberdeen did start out nicely but once County got into the game there was only ever one team in it. Had Boyce been on form in front of goal (his play to get there brilliant as always) it could have been much more than 2.

I'l admit, I've been hard on Graham recently, and really hope his goals in this game push him on to do more of the same, especially now with Curran back and Schalk's introduction.

I'll echo the sentiments towards playing Foster on the left wing, he had a fantastic showing tonight.

Guest Bob Mahelp

It's got so bad it's on the edge of laughable, even as a Dons fan.

There's nae doubt at all that McInnes's unnecessary tinkering is causing confusion. Since he farted about with the team for the Hibs game, we've come nowhere close to fielding a consistent selection.

Parker in for Goodwillie and Rooney at Sneckie. 4 centre-backs in defence last night and 2 right-backs on the bench. Willo Flood.

FFS.

It's not rocket surgery Deek. Press the reset button and get back to the consistent selection and tactics that won us 8 games in a row.

Archived