Scotland's Campaign - Cold Light of Day

Martin did okay, but if mobility is a prerequisite for a Scotland place, he's totally unsuited. I can't see how he'd offer anything other than a wasted jersey vs a decent team.

Not been impressed way him really..doesn't look like he's going to change any games

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 2 things which should be taken from this campaign and dissected over the next year.

1. The absolute cluster f**k that was the Georgia trip. Nobody looked up for it, the tactics weren't there no plan b poor substitutions.

2. The inability to hold onto results or finish teams off. Poland twice, staying level in Germany for 5 minutes, not going for the kill in Dublin.

I think it's a mental thing we need to get over wether it's the culture of the scotland set up or do we just not have it in us?

There is no doubt some people are struggling to realise that the various stats or facts can sometimes lead to different conclusions.

We started off better than we finished and also that teams who are no 'better' than us (in terms of individual players) will be in France next year.

No great quality out there that Strachan ignored - the fixation with Rhodes and Griffiths is reminiscent of when Fletcher was the answer.

I thought the draw in Poland was fair enough. Scotland were under the kosh a bit as Poland were absolutely battering them. The Hampden one is hard to take though because of the manner of the equalizer. Just a complete brain fart from all involved in a game we really should have won.

There is no doubt some people are struggling to realise that the various stats or facts can sometimes lead to different conclusions.

We started off better than we finished and also that teams who are no 'better' than us (in terms of individual players) will be in France next year.

No great quality out there that Strachan ignored - the fixation with Rhodes and Griffiths is reminiscent of when Fletcher was the answer.

Fletcher looks a different player with someone alongside him. Be ideal if we could utilise Griff or Rhodes with him rather than instead of him. Not necessarily as a first option, but as a solid plan B.

Fletcher looks a different player with someone alongside him. Be ideal if we could utilise Griff or Rhodes with him rather than instead of him. Not necessarily as a first option, but as a solid plan B.

Decent shout actually thought that v Gibraltar at home (aye they are dreadful but still ) they linked quite well...mainly cos Rhodes unlike Martin can move faster than continental drift

Martin did okay, but if mobility is a prerequisite for a Scotland place, he's totally unsuited. I can't see how he'd offer anything other than a wasted jersey vs a decent team.

I thought Martin played relatively well when he came on against Germany however other than that he's been woeful any time I've seen him for us.

Archived