Berwick v East Fife

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best I've seen us since Alloa. We were the better team first half, then even with 10 men had chances to double the lead after the goal. East Fife started to pile the pressure on towards the end when the 10 men started to get tired, but they didn't have too many clear cut chances. A cruel way to conceded the lead at the end, and East Fife were a million miles off their performance earlier in the season, but a good point considering.

Well done battling Berwick. I agree that it was a cruel ending to a great battling performance overseen and spoiled by that red shirted whistle carrying poofy looking prancing p***k!!! If Drummond had stayed on it would have been a much bigger scoreline in our favour.

Nathan Austin was a complete joke, constantly off side - well done the lino.

Man of the Match for me was easy to pick even before he scored......it has to be Finn Graham - what a performance - the man was brilliant throughout the game!

Well what a difference. I have huge doubts about Colin Cameron, but the one thing that has always suggested that I'm wrong is team spirit. It would be the first thing to go if the team thought he was pish, but today it was just superb.

I thought Finn Graham, Notman and Coultress were excellent but I worry for Notman who looked more than just knackered. But having said that, I thought the gaffer was wrong to sub him. Nottie was shagged but he would have lasted 5 more minutes and he would have prevented the equaliser though may have needed oxygen till Tuesday.

Mcneil was distraught at the end - another sign that effort and commitment is 100% - but whilst the gaffer has got the team working hard, I thought both his substitutions were wrong today.

Over all, though, a much much better display against, supposedly, the top team in the Division.

Ref, obviously, was pish.

4 hour trip to and from Berwick PISH

£5 for sausage and chips PISH

The slope they call a football pitch PISH

1 point against THAT PISH

Those accents PISH

Glad to be back in Scotland, enjoy the bottom half finish!

Don't come back then, you won't be missed.

Redcar - Spoke to Notty after the game, he had a tweak on his hamstring and asked to come off. Reckons he should be okay for next week.

Really good fighting performance from our ten men against their twelve.

Don't come back then, you won't be missed.

Redcar - Spoke to Notty after the game, he had a tweak on his hamstring and asked to come off. Reckons he should be okay for next week.

Reaslly good fighting performance from our ten men against their twelve.

Cheers for the quote from Notty. I take back that particular criticism of CC then. (but can't apologise for making it in the first place to be honest)

It doesn't look like an obvious dive, but can see why he got a booking for it.

Notman played his best game since his return imo.

And as Nathan Austin seems to enjoy Bedrocks, I reckon we should try and tempt him in January with a lifetime pass on top of £500pw.

Thought Walker in goal had a great game,his handling and positioning were good all game. Agree Russell and Notman were excellent and must have both covered every blade of grass on the pitch. Thought taking Lav off was a mistake at the time, but it worked out well with Henderson up top himself holding the ball up well, much better performance.

Thought we were very fortunate to get a point after a weak display against 10 men for most of the game.

The sending off - which was a bit harsh but mainly due to the stupidity of the player concerned - should have set off wave of ball playing attacks, especially when we were kicking downhill in the second half. Intsead of this we had ball after ball punted up to Austin (who seemed to have forgotten the rules re offside) which were easily mopped up.

I don't know whether that was what the manager had instructed or whether the players had ignored his other instructions but either way it was a shocking display, all the harder to take when we recollect the good displays from earlier in the season.

Going to Berwick isn't a cheap option and maybe the players should remember that and that they have a responsibility to the fans. Hope there's an improvement in attitude and play for the cup next week and Annan the week after.

Archived