Hibs Vs Dumbarton

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which of the refs decisions were you unhappy with today?

The penalty where Cummings looked very offside, the failure to award us a foul on the edge of the box for a clear handball early on, the free-kick that lead to the second goal and the failure to award us a penalty in about the 99th minute. To name but a few.

I don't know if we would've got anything from the game, but it certainly would've made it a completely different match.

Steven Craig was top class today, did more in 15 minutes than he had done all season previously. May have earned himself a start based on that cameo performance, nice to see him finally get a goal - although Oxley certainly gave both him and Gal' a helping hand in that regard.

Malonga's goal was a belter, but for me Keatings was even better. That was a smashing example of a perfectly executed fast paced counter attack. I said pre-match that he loves a goal against us, although so does Malonga.

Surely Reguero is a better option than Oxley? He looks like an outfield player in goals.

There are only three certainties in life, Death, Keatings scoring against Dumbarton and Brian Colvin overseeing a game we don't win. Two big, winnable home games coming up.

Why the club are retweeting that bloated idiot, I do not know?

I also tweeted to point out that Golightly went as a Sons fan, yet nearly missed them out of her picture, while capturing the entire Hibs team.

DFC tweeted that there were 138 Sons fans, how many did she count as out of that figure?

From the Record

Fontaine restored Hibs' lead when he headed home John McGinn's cross in the 26th minute and Cummings converted from the spot two minutes before half-time after Dumbarton midfielder Darren Barr had handled in the area.

I thought it was for a barge on Cummings, no?

I'd be quite happy with Stevie Craig starting next week after that performance - looked like a different player. After hearing Aitken at the MtM I think the criticism he received on here was quite harsh at times. Hopefully the goal will give him some confidence.

Oxley is dugshite.

At least 4 points in the next two games please.

I know there was only 138 of us but it'd have been nice to hear the Dumbarton scorers and substitutions on the tannoy.

Beaten by the better side today, albeit Hibs weren't anything special. Good use of the ball and ultimately took their chances.

I thought we were decent in the first half but faded second.

The timing and manner of the third goal was a real sucker-punch. How the referee gives a penalty after Cummings almost catches the ball, I don't know.

Some very bizarre refereeing decisions today, but no surprise given the man in the middle.

Could've maybe been different but again our lack of a cutting edge in the final third told and we paid the price. Steven Craig did well when he came on, and I was impressed again with Buchanan (aside from the second goal) and Brown and Routledge were again good performers for us.

Oh well, on to next week.

At the second goal, fontaine barged into our centre half upon scoring, yet Colvin penalises our midfielder for a similar challenge immediately before, soft penalty, yet missed two of our attacking players screaming for a penalty in the first 15 minutes, after I presume a handball, then denying us a clear penalty in injury time, when Ross got taken out,and that was never a free kick out on the wing before the 4th goal. we didn't deserve to win today, hibs, first half were excellent, but our back four were all over the place, better second half, Fleming, usual hard shift, as did routledge, and showed how much we've missed much maligned Steven Craig, please bury the other teams around us hibees,

Hibs were excellent I thought and their front six in particular had good games.

Cant complain about the result.

I think Craig looked better when ge came on because he plays the centre backs differently from fleming. Gaz stands and wrestles whereas Craig comes into the contact later, not sure yet about Ross.

Ticked off Easter Road from my grounds list, but doubt I'll be back. I took my 7 year old with me and it cost £34 to get us both into the game. I realise Hibs are trying to maintain the big club structure, but thats taking the piss.

Ticked off Easter Road from my grounds list, but doubt I'll be back. I took my 7 year old with me and it cost £34 to get us both into the game. I realise Hibs are trying to maintain the big club structure, but thats taking the piss.

This was my primary reason for not taking ThirdRock Jnr today. Despite it being his birthday, the admission cost for two adults, coupled with the train costs, plus food, beer etc made it a non-starter.

This was my primary reason for not taking ThirdRock Jnr today. Despite it being his birthday, the admission cost for two adults, coupled with the train costs, plus food, beer etc made it a non-starter.

Yep, I'm with you guys here, I wasn't there today and doubt I'll be at many away games in future. Football has become just too expensive to justify repeated attendance.

Archived