Stenhousemuir Vs Ayr United

Big improvements needed from Stenny ahead of this game. Very disappointing against Cowdenbeath and should have left with nothing. Will take a point of a strong Ayr team who don't have Nicky Devlin.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A contest that has truly captured the imagination.

We seem to be okay-ish at home, but the best we can expect here's a point. We're still letting teams score against us for fun and Ayr seem to be a pretty handy mob. If we can play to our potential, we might do alright. Big "if", right enough.

Will be interesting to see how we line-up for this. We have appealed Devlins red card but I am not confident of getting it over-turned. Also not sure the injury situation of Craig Moore and Peter Murphy. Presuming they dont make it I would line up.

Fleming

Muir

Gerry

Graham

Boyle

Trouten

Gilly

Docherty

Forrest

Caldwell

Preston

Subs- Newman, Campbell, Adams, Crawford, Donald, Nisbet, McKenzie.

Do you still play that left back? Would certainly be allot more confident if he started.

Imagine Adams will be on the bench as he can't seem to ha sale the AstroTurf.

Hopefully Moore is fit, would consider playing Caldwell alongside him!

I'd maybe start Donald ahead of Forrest after his showing at Forfar. Would definitely like to see Preston and Caldwell starting though, but McCall might stick with Preston on his own again. He was nullified by Forfar but has looked more like it in general in the games before.

Do you still play that left back? Would certainly be allot more confident if he started.

Imagine Adams will be on the bench as he can't seem to ha sale the AstroTurf.

Hopefully Moore is fit, would consider playing Caldwell alongside him!

If you are talking about Liam Henderson then no Jim Patterson starts ahead of him.

Jason Scotland?! Unbelievable. Wonder if he's still any decent? Last time I saw him he was playing for Hamilton Academical against Falkirk in the 2013-14 play-off semi-final. Certainly looked the part there. If we've got boys from midfield running off him then he'll be a solid signing.

Still worried about the defence, mind.

In fairness to the defenders Meechan has been excellent, Murray fairly solid and Summers is outstanding whenever he's fit.

McCormack and Henderson have not been good enough and Malky a bombscare his poor games have vastly outnumbered his good games.

And of course the keeper who we knew wouldn't be good enough when he signed and he's turned out worse.

In fairness to the defenders Meechan has been excellent, Murray fairly solid and Summers is outstanding whenever he's fit.

McCormack and Henderson have not been good enough and Malky a bombscare his poor games have vastly outnumbered his good games.

And of course the keeper who we knew wouldn't be good enough when he signed and he's turned out worse.

Would generally agree with that. Huge fan of Ross Meechan (although I'm always a bit nervous he's going to do something wacky with the ball) and Ciaran Summers and I think Euan Murray's been decent enough. Stuart Malcolm's been a disappointment, he always impressed me when he played against us but he's not brought the level of presence I was expecting. I think Jim Paterson's arrival will conclude Liam Henderson's involvement in the starting XI and the Jobber was only signed on as a squad player. Jamie Barclay has been very poor, especially over the last month or so.

I'll need to watch the highlights again (I tend to avoid them when we lose) but I reckon even boys like Meechan and Murray have been culpable in some of the goals we've lost. The whole unit has failed us. It is heartening to see the squad being freshened up though. Still hoping for a goalie to come in on loan at some point.

Fleming

Muir Graham McLauchlan Boyle

Docherty Crawford

Trouten Gilmour Donald

Caldwell

Subs: Newman, McCracken, Muir/Campbell, Adams, Forrest, Nizzy, Preston

Preston didn't seem to have the best of games up top on his own and if Moore's still out, I fancy Caldwell to start up top himself. If Moore is available, I fancy him to start on the bench and Caldwell and Preston to start. Ross has been showing enough to merit a start. Don't think Adams will start and I fancy Donald to start in front of Forrest. If Nicky and Craig are available, I'd go for:

Fleming

Devlin Graham McLauchlan Boyle

Docherty Gilmour

Trouten Donald

Caldwell Preston

Subs: Newman, Muir, McCracken, Crawford, Adams, Forrest, Moore

Gilmour played well in centre mid v Peterhead a few weeks back and he is really effective away from home this season, so he is a must start.

Fleming

Docherty Crawford

Trouten Gilmour Donald

Caldwell

Preston didn't seem to have the best of games up top on his own and if Moore's still out, I fancy Caldwell to start up top himself. If Moore is available, I fancy him to start on the bench and Caldwell and Preston to start. Ross has been showing enough to merit a start. Don't think Adams will start and I fancy Donald to start in front of Forrest. If Nicky and Craig are available, I'd go for:

Fleming

Docherty Gilmour

Trouten Donald

Caldwell Preston

Gilmour played well in centre mid v Peterhead a few weeks back and he is really effective away from home this season, so he is a must start.

I think last week shows we should go with two up front and if Moore is available, I'd be surprised if he doesn't partner Preston. If not, Caldwell certainly deserves his chance. The fourth midfield player is more difficult to work out and any one from four could play alongside Trouten, Gilmour and Docherty. Great news about Devlin and the correct decision IMO.

Fleming

Docherty Crawford

Trouten Gilmour Donald

Caldwell

Fleming

Docherty Gilmour

Trouten Donald

Caldwell Preston

Moore and Murphy still out, think we need to go back to 2 up top. Don't fancy Adams to start either, so would go with:

Fleming

Devlin McLauchlan Graham Boyle

Docherty Crawford

Trouten Gilmour

Caldwell Preston

Subs: Newman, Muir, McCracken, Adams, Forrest, Donald, Nisbett

3-0 Ayr, Caldwell, Preston and Trouten with the goals.

Archived