Stenhousemuir Vs Ayr United

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBF I never really noticed the ref today which is usually a good sign.We got a penalty,fair enough and had a strong shout for another which we didn,t get,also fair enough.The red card is two players sliding into a challenge.They are not head on they are side by side.A straight red is a joke.

TBF I never really noticed the ref today which is usually a good sign.We got a penalty,fair enough and had a strong shout for another which we didn,t get,also fair enough.The red card is two players sliding into a challenge.They are not head on they are side by side.A straight red is a joke.

Agreed about the ref, but thought the penalty was soft and the second shout was also soft though worth asking the question the sending off was strange.

As for the game we should have been at least 2 up after 60 minutes and then ended up hanging on for a win. Stenny were really poor until they got the penalty and then put up under real pressure. Still don't think they will be anywhere near the play offs but should be safe enough this season.

OK. Wasn't at the game, but

Cracking finish from Caldwell

Stenny keeper played a blinder

The camera angle may be deceiving, but how was that a penalty? Stenhousemuir player never touched the ball.

Scotland no way a penalty. Again camera may be deceiving, but if it was deemed a foul then initial contact looks to be outside the box

Sending off. Just a tad late, but both feet off the ground, straight leg and studs up. By the letter...

OK. Wasn't at the game, but

Cracking finish from Caldwell

Stenny keeper played a blinder

The camera angle may be deceiving, but how was that a penalty? Stenhousemuir player never touched the ball.

Scotland no way a penalty. Again camera may be deceiving, but if it was deemed a foul then initial contact looks to be outside the box

Sending off. Just a tad late, but both feet off the ground, straight leg and studs up. By the letter...

Saved me typing, agree with all of that.

At first I thought the red card was a bit harsh, but now I think it was deserved tackle was too late and studs were showing

It's one of those ones, whoever won the ball first was going to get clattered. If Crawford had been a split second slower he probably would have walked.

Unfortunate, but looks like the correct decision

It's one of those ones, whoever won the ball first was going to get clattered. If Crawford had been a split second slower he probably would have walked.

Unfortunate, but looks like the correct decision

Agree, its one of those things. Won't miss him next week anyway, has been non-existent these past few weeks

Not watched the highlights yet but big Caldy does it again, great goal!

Barclay kept pulling off saves, I was expecting him to just throw one in bug fair play if he has got his act together now.

Felt the penalty was firstly outside the box and secondly not a foul, I didn't see it cause I had my eyes covered like a shitebag but I gather Coco absolutely fucked it.

The Scotland incident was 'more' of a penalty but my probable bias still says no pen.

The sending off though WHIT? what I felt I saw was two guys tackle exactly the same way, so how can one walk? Shenanigans!

So what we are really saying now that the highlights are up that ref got all decisions correct. Not one ayr player complained about penalty, always an indication that it was right and red card was an easy decision. Refs getting hammered just now but hardly saw him in the game apart from two big decisions which he got spot on.

It is an unfortunate red. Ref could easily have let it go. Both players tackle in the same fashion but the Ayr player gets caught. The way games are refereed now I don't think the club would win an appeal, so you would have to say he got it right.

By the same token, when you tackle a player from behind to win the ball it's considered a foul. Just because you've been awarded a penalty 15 minutes earlier doesn't mean it isn't a foul.

The Ayr players reactions tell you all you need to know about the first penalty.

So what we are really saying now that the highlights are up that ref got all decisions correct. Not one ayr player complained about penalty, always an indication that it was right and red card was an easy decision. Refs getting hammered just now but hardly saw him in the game apart from two big decisions which he got spot on.

It was never a penalty and a dubious red card, so no.

It was never a penalty and a dubious red card, so no.

At the time I remember thinking if it was in the box it was a penalty so think it was tbh although the highlights don't really show it very well.

I think Boyle should of got a penalty though, when he is through on goal, the first tackle clips him and affects him allowing the second tackle to come in.

If not one Ayr player means everyone bar Nicky Devlin, Gerry McLaughlin and Greg Fleming then you would be absolutely spot on with this point.

Also worth noting that other than the guy who was 'fouled' and a half arsed appeal from Scotland Stenhousemuir weren't shouting for it either. Certainly by the sounds of it the Stenhousemuir support wasn't shouting for it, and as supporters normally scream and shout for a penalty when their players trip over their laces in the opposing box that should be an indication as well.

To be honest, I thought the foul on Scotland was a penalty but knew we weren't going to get it, as the referee let Ayr off with too much. He let Devlin off for near enough throwing Cook in the the advertising board and also shoving Manzana Martinez with his back.

Archived