Stenhousemuir Vs Ayr United

Nisbet has been scoring a lot of goals in the reserves and deserves a chance but probably not enough to leapfrog Caldwell.

We have to play 2 up front, Preston and Caldwell with Nesbit replacing one with a decent amount of time to try to make an impact would be ideal. Donald seemed to play well last week by all accounts and could maybe start with Gilmour playing wider with Docherty and Trouten

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moore and Murphy still out, think we need to go back to 2 up top. Don't fancy Adams to start either, so would go with:

Fleming

Devlin McLauchlan Graham Boyle

Docherty Crawford

Trouten Gilmour

Caldwell Preston

Subs: Newman, Muir, McCracken, Adams, Forrest, Donald, Nisbett

3-0 Ayr, Caldwell, Preston and Trouten with the goals.

Well, I've got the team and subs correct, here's hoping for the scoreline for a full house :cheers

End of the first half we were excellent, other than that played in fits and starts.

Gilmour looks like he will be out for a while which is a shame, thought he was excellent again today.

Crawford made a few mistakes but more like his old self too.

We need to start killing games off though when we have chances.

Think Scotland will do some damage in this league though, Stenny should probably have got an equaliser towards the end but their finishing was awful.

That penalty ????????

Ayr played well for most of the first half and never really got going in the second, Stenny had maybe 5min of pressure in the second half but other than that it was pretty dull.

We dropped out of it when Preston went off and we went one up front and came back in to it once Forrest came on to play alongside Caldwell, I would have liked to have seen a straight swap for either Forrest or Nesbit at the time.

Don't know much about the sending off from where I was, the ref had been giving away a few strange free kicks against Ayr in the build up and I thought he had shown Crawford the red

Ayr had the best of the chances but our second half performance might have got us a point. And probably would have, had we not missed the penalty. I presume it came back off the post?

Sending off was an absolute joke. Thought it was maybe a foul to Stenhousemuir, and as above, thought the Ayr player had been sent off. Which obviously would have been ridiculous, but less so than the red card that was given to Robertson. To cap it nicely we should have had another penalty for the tackle from behind on Scotland, but obviously once you've had one, you don't get another.

Scotland looked good. Hopefully he will start next week.

Jamie Barclay's best game for us between the sticks. He didn't give away any goals, made some good saves, and had to deal with some wayward backpasses. Let's see what happens next week.

What a change in the game that was. Went from a Stenny player hiding the ball to stop us scoring a few more to the Ayr subs wasting time leaving the pitch to cling onto a win. Should have been three up and seemed to struggle when Gilmour went off. Some of our normally reliable players had poor games against a team that didn't look very good. Would be holding back half the win bonus for the second half performance.

Ayr pretty much controlled the first half and i was quite happy to go in at half time only one down.Bomber changed our shape at half time and we improved massively.Best chance was the penalty obviously and as Beaver posted the tackle on Scotland was a stonewaller.The sending off was just another example of why fans are sick to death of refs in this country.A complete joke of a decision.

Archived