Ayr United, next on the Roker Rovers hitlist

We have a wee Bobby Russell connection too. He played for us very briefly.

If it's real ale you are after then the Glen Park is the place. Ayr Brewing co do some pretty damn good beers. About 20/25 mins walk from the ground. They do food as well so you would be able to get something there, and as they brew on site it is pretty damned cheap.

http://glenparkhotel.co.uk/

But most of the pubs around the town are OK, but I wouldn't recommend any of the ones down around the New Bridge eg the Harvest, unless you want a 'cultural' experience.

Cheers mate. Will probably check the Glen Park out after the game.

Bobby is married to my cousin, but he was also very briefly at Sunderland as a youth team player.

Like the sound of this smoking goat as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly a couple of the Roker Rovers cannot make the Airdrieonians match, and as we all want to visit Ayr as a group and I really don't want to waste a potential good visit on an in and out day trip with the car, we have decided to delay the visit until the international break at the end of March when you play Stranraer. With a bit of luck we might witness a promotion party then!!

Sadly a couple of the Roker Rovers cannot make the Airdrieonians match, and as we all want to visit Ayr as a group and I really don't want to waste a potential good visit on an in and out day trip with the car, we have decided to delay the visit until the international break at the end of March when you play Stranraer. With a bit of luck we might witness a promotion party then!!

With a bit of luck you won't.

Archived