Scores & scorers. Sat 24h Oct.

Larky55

Bankies struggled to a 2-0 victory against a hard-working Forfar West End team. Forced a great stop when offside trap was broke, several wee penalty box scrambles saw some desperate Clydebank defending and all Clydebank had to shout about in first half was a penalty appeal that was somehow waved away, when Ryan Holmes got in past the last man and was then bundled over as he was about to shoot - ref and assistant both bottling the decision. With only 18 minutes gone it was a real potential game-changing moment, and people can judge for themselves in highlights what they thought of the incident The pitch was small, soft and tight, making free-flowing football a rare sight. Was impressed with West End's left winger who had some joy on his wing, and Bankies were a touch fortunate to go in at half time still at 0-0.

Second half saw Clydebank improve themselves, and I feel West End started to tire as their dogged pressing seemed to catch up to them. I felt we really lost the battle in midfield, going forward anyway, and it was a bit of a bruising match for the Bankies with our physio being kept quite busy all afternoon. We thought we opened the scoring but header was ruled out by the ref - at first he said it was offside - which confused the assistant ref, who hadn't flagged, and so he thought he better flag if the ref said it was offside - and then he started claiming there was a shove somewhere. As I said I was far from impressed with the ref and assistants today. The opening goal came out the blue as a throw-in was quickly crossed in for Jordan Shelvey to head into the corner, and relief more than anything was felt from all Bankies I feel. Forfar West End were not as much of a threat the second half as they were in the first, yet still kept trying for every minute. Kasubandi came on as a substitute and his pace won him a penalty kick in injury time, which resulted in a red card, and him scoring his first goal in a few matches much to his obvious relief - he hadn't scored since missing a penalty last month or so, he'll be happy to have broken that drought.

Forfar West End were great hosts, and very welcoming to us fans as well as players afterwards. As a team they're bloody annoying to play, they were fired up and certainly had the better of the first half, but with nothing to show for it and fatigue setting in the Bankies certainly had the better of the second half. Hope we never have those officials again. Best of luck to Forfar West End this season.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done wishaw....roy lost 3 -0 today. They fully deserve to celebr8 tonyte after toppling the team at the peak of the super premier. We will bounce back.

Aye the Roy were very poor today and got what they deserved. Wishaw exploted this and scored three, not a great game.

Cannae believe anyone from Shettleston on here moaning about today's ref! He done everything bar score for you today. The most biased display I've seen for a long time. Hope he isn't at the Vale next week and justice will be done. He Made a total mockery of the junior officials today. No way as this guy impartial.

if your an honest man you would admit draw was fair result . Not much between both sides shettleston keeper didn't have much to do whole game same with Kilbirnie keeper .both subs from shettleston gave them bit more urgency when they came on don't think referee was as bad as your making out to be think will be total different game next week and outcome

Not quite. We're unbeaten in the league the west and the Scottish but your forgetting we lost to the Gow and Wishaw in the sectional league cup. :) Fantastic result though, things looking much brighter for us this season.

Mon the yowes.

I said competitive action. I didn't include the sectional league cups deliberately.

Games against teams nobody has heard o.

Adult teams you mean??? By all means Cumbernauld have a great youth set up so why would they not be allowed an adult team, regardless of history?? btw a team that is at a higher level than Talbot!! It took a reply to beat bsc because they "underestimated them" now they they have been beaten by a club with no history!! What a mess the juniors must be in???

Adult teams you mean??? By all means Cumbernauld have a great youth set up so why would they not be allowed an adult team, regardless of history?? btw a team that is at a higher level than Talbot!! It took a reply to beat bsc because they "underestimated them" now they they have been beaten by a club with no history!! What a mess the juniors must be in???

Allegedly higher level in a cobbled together league.

It was not made attractive enough for top end Junior clubs to remotely consider applying.

why would it? Better team won I let in 10 so only person I'm angry at is myself

I was a bit confused by vipers post myself JC.

Regardless of scores we move on to our next games with best wishes.

We've been on the receiving end of league hammerings the last two seasons in 8-2 and 7-2 defeats to Talbot and meadow respectively and some games everything just seems to hit the back of the net for teams.

Much like it went for Talbot and meadow on them days it went for ourselves yesterday with wonder goals and a few red cards for VOC .

I was a bit confused by vipers post myself JC.

Regardless of scores we move on to our next games with best wishes.

We've been on the receiving end of league hammerings the last two seasons in 8-2 and 7-2 defeats to Talbot and meadow respectively and some games everything just seems to hit the back of the net for teams.

Much like it went for Talbot and meadow on them days it went for ourselves yesterday with wonder goals and a few red cards for VOC .

spot on mate. My focus now is getting ready for Renfrew now on Saturday and getting the boys up for it. Its always about how you react in football and Saturday coming is a huge test. All the best to everyone at Beith and especially Mr Boal an absolute legend of a man

spot on mate. My focus now is getting ready for Renfrew now on Saturday and getting the boys up for it. Its always about how you react in football and Saturday coming is a huge test. All the best to everyone at Beith and especially Mr Boal an absolute legend of a man

JB is sound JC .

Always trying to keep myself and the others on our toes and regarding the former I don't envy his job at the club one bit ;):)

Archived