Cowdenbeath vs Dunfermline

Why of course is there no room in budget for players? are we over budget or bang on budget? It was a more tongue in cheek comment as im basically saying that with that current back 4 we are offering way too many chances to opposition and someone quick (we dont possess a quick centre half) would limit certain opportunities against a side like dunfermline.

mone the cowden

I understood the context of your comment - in my experience you give any manager a budget and he will spend it assembling his team. Very rare that you have any underspend. A budget though is rarely fixed in stone and is initially used as a planning tool. It is flexed thereafter as circumstances dictate. However, of course a Board can also have a hidden reserve which if they think it is appropriate or needed they can later release to the manager. Most teams that don't start the season well then end up getting more players in and spending more money than they originally wanted to. That can come from a hidden reserve, windfalls or most commonly by Directors or others putting their own hands into their own pockets. You can see it was previously advised that Directors had subscribed some more monies to fund another player just a short time back.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understood the context of your comment - in my experience you give any manager a budget and he will spend it assembling his team. Very rare that you have any underspend. A budget though is rarely fixed in stone and is initially used as a planning tool. It is flexed thereafter as circumstances dictate. However, of course a Board can also have a hidden reserve which if they think it is appropriate or needed they can later release to the manager. Most teams that don't start the season well then end up getting more players in and spending more money than they originally wanted to. That can come from a hidden reserve, windfalls or most commonly by Directors or others putting their own hands into their own pockets. You can see it was previously advised that Directors had subscribed some more monies to fund another player just a short time back.

so in essence NO? there is no hidden reserve. We need to get some players off the wage bill who are not good enough easier said than done of course. Good luck to Nish on that one.

Archived