Elgin v Arbroath

We're a totally different team than the one we were when sides last met so hopefully we can get the points on Saturday in another camel trek North.

5 wins out of last 6. Same team as yesterday. Guys coming off the bench are doing well too which is keeping the guys starting sharp. Good to see.

Worried about Easton as I thought he was a great wee player when he played with us and the big guy up top always seems to do well against us.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same 11 as the last 2 games. Grehan can't last 90 minutes but he puts a shift in the time he is on the park. After initially having my doubts about Ramsay he has turned in some cracking performances lately and looks a constant danger. See no reason we can't leave the highlands with 3 valuable points.

Elgin is my favourite away day and I'm looking forward to visiting their quality social club again.

I think Andy Ryan only has 2 games left to play before his emergency loan ends, possibly 3. It was announced he had signed on August 12th, so 93 days would be Friday 13th November. Watson and Ramsay are there until the middle of January, hopefully get them both for the season. The turn around in defence since Munro and Watson came in - To think all those people moaned about taking on loan signings! Craig Watson has been fantastic and Munro and Little seem to be really working well.

Hopefully see Jamie Reid and Kane Hester back soon to give us more options, although if Bobby is out that will be a huge blow :(

I thought Elgin had signed Dylan Carreiro on loan a few weeks ago, but I can't see any sign of him turning out for Elgin? Did it never materialize? Not looking forward to facing Dylan Easton, although more worried about Craig Gunn :( he always seems to score against us.

Hopefully get Ryan/Ramsey and Watson for whole season. Think Ramsey will definitely stay he's obviously not getting near Rangers team this season so first team senior football will be good for him. Watson and Ryan have both featured for Hamilton a fair bit so hopefully they don't get any injuries and we can keep them too.

I think Andy Ryan only has 2 games left to play before his emergency loan ends, possibly 3. It was announced he had signed on August 12th, so 93 days would be Friday 13th November. Watson and Ramsay are there until the middle of January, hopefully get them both for the season. The turn around in defence since Munro and Watson came in - To think all those people moaned about taking on loan signings! Craig Watson has been fantastic and Munro and Little seem to be really working well.

Hopefully see Jamie Reid and Kane Hester back soon to give us more options, although if Bobby is out that will be a huge blow :(

Losing Bobby a huge blow? Surely no Arbroath fan could disagree with that..... I'll just leave this superb quote from Arbroath-Mad here so anyone who has missed it previously can have a wee laugh to themselves.....

"Quite simply, you can't win a game with only ten players on the park. Bobby hasn't won a ball in a challenge all season. After three substitutions, he was still on the park! I have no doubt that at one time he may have been a competitor, but those days are gone. When called upon to do what he used to do well, he only gave the goal keeper confidence."

This post was made on the 2nd of October. A few weeks later wee Boab was named player of the month for September. :lol: 'Aye, he's scored 5 goals in 6 games, created various others and won player of the month, BUT HE'S NO PUT ENOUGH TACKLES IN!!!!!11' :1eye

A wee bit short on play-makers but I think I should be an away win

Hiya speckyboy! Hiya pal! Are you feeling a wee bitty silly about your ridicuously over the top, negative drivel that you posted all over here in August, TWO games into the season? Do you want to hold your hands up and say you were wrong? If you prefer, you can continue to ignore the fact you completely embarrassed yourself, and I can post a selection of quotes from your meltdown throughout the season, so the rest of us can have a wee laugh now and again while Todd and the team prove you wrong :)

If I was one of the investors at Arbroath FC I would be demanding Lumsden and his assistant resign right now .Lumsden has absolutely no idea about football management.......

.....if thats the best they can do against a team made up of some junior and amateur players then lets get ready for Brora. Arbroath are doomed if they keep that amateur manager he must go now he is way out of his depth

Here's two superb quotes from the middle of August for starters :)

Carrerio was a no go due to an injury he was carrying.

Been a bit of a struggle for Elgin recently after a good start. Not quite sure the Manager knows his best team/tactics at moment. He quite rightly tried some different players/positions when things started to go wrong but doesn't seem to have found the solution. We have a capable team as have Arbroath but hoping we can discover our mo jo this weekend.

Losing Bobby a huge blow? Surely no Arbroath fan could disagree with that..... I'll just leave this superb quote from Arbroath-Mad here so anyone who has missed it previously can have a wee laugh to themselves.....

"Quite simply, you can't win a game with only ten players on the park. Bobby hasn't won a ball in a challenge all season. After three substitutions, he was still on the park! I have no doubt that at one time he may have been a competitor, but those days are gone. When called upon to do what he used to do well, he only gave the goal keeper confidence."

This post was made on the 2nd of October. A few weeks later wee Boab was named player of the month for September. :lol: 'Aye, he's scored 5 goals in 6 games, created various others and won player of the month, BUT HE'S NO PUT ENOUGH TACKLES IN!!!!!11' :1eye

Hiya speckyboy! Hiya pal! Are you feeling a wee bitty silly about your ridicuously over the top, negative drivel that you posted all over here in August, TWO games into the season? Do you want to hold your hands up and say you were wrong? If you prefer, you can continue to ignore the fact you completely embarrassed yourself, and I can post a selection of quotes from your meltdown throughout the season, so the rest of us can have a wee laugh now and again while Todd and the team prove you wrong :)

Here's two superb quotes from the middle of August for starters :)

Speckyboys a w****r and we are going up

· Alvarez

· Gold

· Whatley

· Clarke

· Ryan

well they are the regular players liked by the posters on here so we should pull of a win

Just because people like them doesn't mean we should just go and beat Elgin. Our best 2 creative players by a country mile this season are out injured here. Obviously going to be a big blow to the team.

Archived