Celtic v Aberdeen 31-10-15

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very much this. Thought we played alright and if Rooney had buried that header or if away teams could get marginal calls at parkhead then it would have been very different.

You did. Shinnie's yellow could easily have been a red and you were marginally offiside for your goal.

As I said earlier I thought Aberdeen needed to score first to win game, after missing the first 5 minutes due to the shambles of getting in felt we played quite well and was looking the most likely team to score. Considine then got injured but after that we looked a shambles at the back which Celtic could have scored a few goals before they did score and then after the goal our confidence went and has lucky Celtic didn't have their shooting boots on.

Hate to go on the negatives but Niall McGinn had a shocker of game and when Celtic target Logan as the weak defensive player McGinn wasn't helping him with the defending aspects of the game. As for the goals how can Quinn or Taylor not beat Griffiths in the air although great ball in although again very critical with McGinn leading up to the goal. For the 2nd goal what was Taylor thinking of! Jack has been really poor for the last 6 games and needs to buck up or McInnes will have to think that the captain thing is effecting his game and a change will be necessary.

Need to go back on a run but the signs are there that we will go back on the winning trail on saturday - at least our manager had a go at Celtic and not go negative.

As for us, I know Flood is just back from injury but surely it'd have been far more sensible to let Reynolds and Taylor continue at centre half, move Shinnie to left back and put Flood into midfield? Again, we change the centre halves during a game and concede cheap goals from it. Cannot emphasise how big a factor that is in our current run of form, the constant changes in the heart of our defence. We need to settle the centre of defence down but moving Reynolds out of there and putting Quinn in had a very disruptive effect.

My thoughts is that we was playing well at the time so didn't want to change midfield and that Celtic are a big team with quality which our manager felt he needs height in the team hence why he moved Reynolds to the left. I'm really not sure about Quinn to be honest not sure if he is decent quality that we need

Is there genuine high hopes for Allan at Celtic? I think given the chance he'll run riot with the better players around him.

Don't know what the club thinks of him, but I don't think the fans really expect too much. We haven't really seen him play either tbf. Midfield is where have the best strength in depth so I'm not even sure who he'd replace. Would obviously be delighted if he could make an impact, but our midfield is strong as it is. Our defence is what worries people and the lack of depth when it comes to strikers.

He's fit, and last played for the U20's on 27th Oct.

Man of the match performance.

He was injured, He was playing with the development squad to help get him fit after his injury

I knew Allan had been injured, but if you're fit enough for the bench then you're match fit. Or at least should be under competent management.

I watched the majority of Hibs games last season and Allan was great, would love to see him given the chance for us, I guarantee you he has what it takes to be a first team regular... He's the creative spark we need. He's our next Commons... He's the player Ronny thinks Johansen is but will never be... Amazing vision and ability to read the game, pace, great ball control and countless through balls and assists that can tear defences apart.

And for the record... Taylor should have been given red for his tackle on Commons. Shinnie's foul on Bitton was a red but wasn't stonewall in real time, only on a replay does it look as bad as it was. Rooney was offside, but so marginal I'd have given he benefit of the doubt to the attacker.

And for the record... Taylor should have been given red for his tackle on Commons. Shinnie's foul on Bitton was a red but wasn't stonewall in real time, only on a replay does it look as bad as it was. Rooney was offside, but so marginal I'd have given he benefit of the doubt to the attacker.

Impressively wrong 3/3 times. Well done.

Archived