Cowdenbeath v Arbroath

onecowden

Cannot believe the decisions Lumsden made once we got 2 goals back. Abandoned passing for punt up the park and played into their hands. Don't think the ball went over the left hand side more than once. We kept trying to play in a condensed area on the right which just did not work. Players didn't look like they knew what they were doing. I've seen enough of these non existent tactics we need a change and quick. Well played to Cowdenbeath good luck in the next round.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 of the stewards says to us when the local mob moved round at half time ' maybe you guys should move to a different part of the ground for your own health and safety'.

Eh, no pal. If we have been standing here all game minding our own business (the area we were told to stand at on Saturday) and at half time our health and safety will be at risk then surely that's down to inept procedures from Arbroath Fc such as shutting the gate?

Re the segregation.

Hopefully last night proved its not really necessary. Aye , it's a pain in the Arse when everybody moves round, but, given the chance, you would want to be at the end your team is shooting in to. Went the opposite way to the advancing crowd on the far terrace last night and, part from a couple of the young team trying to be wide, there wasn't a bad word said, even a few acknowledging nods. If it's like that when they're 4-1 down, it's never gonna be bad. Suppose it comes down to who winds up who really.

As far as the game goes, great first half for us, felt sick when it went 4-2. We're through though and finally get a good payday. Well done lads and good luck to Arbroath for the rest of the season, be surprised if somebody doesn't come in for Bobby Linn though.

1 of the stewards says to us when the local mob moved round at half time ' maybe you guys should move to a different part of the ground for your own health and safety'.

Eh, no pal. If we have been standing here all game minding our own business (the area we were told to stand at on Saturday) and at half time our health and safety will be at risk then surely that's down to inept procedures from Arbroath Fc such as shutting the gate?

Not trying to be wide here genuine question, why would you want to stand behind the goal the other team is shooting at? Surely if you score you want it to be right in front of you rather than the other side of the pitch

On the ground there are a few wee bits on the terracing that need fixed but we have a great ground that doesn't have a race track round the outside and cover from the elements

Like it, Forfar, Peterhead, Elgin all great wee grounds too.Not so sure about Brechin &Montrose though.

No comment about some of the Arbroath fans, that's been well covered already.

Good luck for the rest of the season, last night's game was a horrible one to lose.

Not trying to be wide here genuine question, why would you want to stand behind the goal the other team is shooting at? Surely if you score you want it to be right in front of you rather than the other side of the pitch

Not trying to be wide here either but why do you expect us to move. It doesn't happen anywhere else I have been to.

In answer to your question, most of the match and 5 of the goals was played at the end we were at so looks like we chose well. Also our keeper and defence deserve support behind them just as much as the strikers a support at the goal they are shooting at.

Either way, at this level our H&S should not be in danger wherever we stand and says a lot about the locals.

Not trying to be wide here either but why do you expect us to move. It doesn't happen anywhere else I have been to.

I don't care where you stand as long as yous aren't punching old men like the last time. Much prefer having no segregation and if anything having the fans right beside each other just adds to the tension

Now TV + VPN if you want to watch live or do you have Sky Sports at the moment via Satellite?

I have nothing. I am staying in Airbnb in Japan and the accommodation should have TV though.

I can watch the game if the ref postpone the game to the following day as I am coming back to Scotland from Japan on 11th Jan. I wish I could watch Nishy's interview.....

I don't care where you stand as long as yous aren't punching old men like the last time. Much prefer having no segregation and if anything having the fans right beside each other just adds to the tension

This.

The fact he said 'says a lot about the locals' is so fucking ironic it's not real.

what's with the fascist avatar? and why does an "Auchinelck Talbot" fan give a f**k about Arbroath v Cowdenbeath?

Archived