The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Looking forward to passing five minutes of my life next week searching for people on Twitter who've misspelt poppy as "poopy".

Yes, that's a rare upside to this annual festival of  mock outrage. 

My understanding is James Maclean has declined to wear one and had respectfully explained why.
Have I missed where he has been moronic?

I'd be curious to know what yon Savage means by "and his ilk".

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There's one on Buchanan Street as well. Ironically, just in time for an influx of Germans to the city.

They have a similar 'custom' I believe, there shouldn't be any conflict (intended :P) with our German  allies.

The reasons are threefold - (1) Burnley and Newcastle players often aren’t good enough at football to respect our boys when there’s an international game on and (2) some of them aren’t even British.

Furthermore, (3) FIFA are Green Brigade sympathisers who can’t be trusted not to pull a Wetherspoons and ban the poppy to avoid offence.

A 'Poppy Up' Shop has appeared in the middle of Central Station.
Sigh.

Providing the proceeds go to Poppy Scotland it's no worse than any other charity shop tbf.

If I were to see someone walking down the street with a Cancer Research/Macmillan emblazoned bit of clothing I doubt I'd give it a second glance, it's a shame where it's got to the stage where you have people actively waiting to be offended by those not giving money to a charity, or on your case being seemingly perturbed by a charity shop of all things in Glasgow. In the second case you're not forced to buy anything from it so just walk past, just like people do to many charity shops everyday.

Providing the proceeds go to Poppy Scotland it's no worse than any other charity shop tbf.

If I were to see someone walking down the street with a Cancer Research/Macmillan emblazoned bit of clothing I doubt I'd give it a second glance, it's a shame where it's got to the stage where you have people actively waiting to be offended by those not giving money to a charity, or on your case being seemingly perturbed by a charity shop of all things in Glasgow. In the second case you're not forced to buy anything from it so just walk past, just like people do to many charity shops everyday.

fd3d353cfaebf6b6228c57fa7e72052c.jpg

4 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Pizza anyone ?

59f88405afda3_poppypizza.jpg.098a45798ac0ba7ba23154468befedd3.jpg

Show your respect to our fallen by stuffing your face with Tesco thin crust.

They look pretty good to be honest.

5 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

Just saw this belter on Facebook. Silly dabs.

Screenshot_2017-10-31-08-28-47-829_com.facebook.katana.png

That is just embarrassing, I've never understood why anyone would find casual-chic a strong look.