The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

13 hours ago, DanMc99 said:

if you are offended by someone not wearing a poppy you are a w****r.

if you are offended by someone wearing a poppy you are a w****r.

How many folk do you know who get offended by someone wearing a poppy?

I don't understand why so many people give both viewpoints equal weighting, as if there are an equal number of people who get utterly SEETHING at people wearing / not wearing a poppy.

37 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I don't understand why so many people give both viewpoints equal weighting, as if there are an equal number of people who get utterly SEETHING at people wearing / not wearing a poppy.

Yip. I can honestly say that I have never witnessed anyone being offended by a poppy. It's almost as if these right wingers are playing the victim card... 

A clear message from Football Casuals then
90DD2641-3CCE-44B1-83F4-10E4802123FB.thumb.png.1afacb24f1985ce6b4d0d1a0c7b9ec08.png

Remembering their sacrifices by wearing a bacon poppy to offend the snowflakes.
It's what they would have wanted.
IMG_20181025_230017.thumb.jpg.44145bb8acff30ea2ef86e9023ee7e2b.jpg

Oooft and double oooft.

Looking at some of these social media posts is like being the hero/victim in some dystopian novel who is trying to fathom out what happened to society.

8 hours ago, Gaz said:

i know plenty who moan about it to be honest, most of my mates hit out with " i wont wear a blood stained poppy" find it weird they have to even mention it

400,000 muslims fought in the first world war 62,000 of which died and well over 100,000 Muslims were either wounded or died in the second world war. The sacrifice made during conflict wasn't just white men, however inconvenient that is for some people.

Bacon poppies are about as divisive as the Nazi's and yet the cretins posting it see no irony. Morons

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:
400,000 muslims fought in the first world war 62,000 of which died and well over 100,000 Muslims were either wounded or died in the second world war. The sacrifice made during conflict wasn't just white men, however inconvenient that is for some people. Bacon poppies are about as divisive as the Nazi's and yet the cretins posting it see no irony. Morons

Well said, although....

In terms of numbers of Bacon dodgers killed during World War II Muslims are very much in second place behind Jews

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

47 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

i know plenty who moan about it to be honest, most of my mates hit out with " i wont wear a blood stained poppy" find it weird they have to even mention it

You do realise that expressing an opinion about wearing a poppy is not the same as being offended by someone else wearing it?

I won't wear one either, but I don't get offended by people who do.

2 hours ago, DanMc99 said:

yes.

Okay.

So, again, how many people do you know that have actually been offended by people wearing a poppy? As opposed to expressing their own opinion why they won't wear one?

48 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Okay.

So, again, how many people do you know that have actually been offended by people wearing a poppy? As opposed to expressing their own opinion why they won't wear one?

wouldn't know an exact number as i don't keep tabs on it but for example i've seen a few people that i know reasonably well like conor mcgregor until they seen him wear a poppy.

small examples like , i think it's more faux anger tbh. 

Just now, DanMc99 said:

wouldn't know an exact number as i don't keep tabs on it but for example i've seen a few people that i know reasonably well like conor mcgregor until they seen him wear a poppy.

There are poppies that are cleverer than you.

2 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

You know Conor McGregor reasonably well?

like conor mcgregor as in people liking him.

you are really worked up about this, not sure why?

I'm just struggling to make sense of what you're on about, to be honest. It smacks of right-wing whataboutery.

45 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I'm just struggling to make sense of what you're on about, to be honest. It smacks of right-wing whataboutery.

I’m certainly not right wing , laughable . I just don’t really give a f**k about left wing right wing nonsense . Everything is so over politicised that an opinion or statement is linked to the left or right . It’s boring . 

I’m certainly not right wing , laughable . I just don’t really give a f**k about left wing right wing nonsense . Everything is so over politicised that an opinion or statement is linked to the left or right . It’s boring . 

https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/get-help-reading-writing-and-using-numbers