The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

This guy is organsising a fight for remeberance day and sees no irony what so ever. His twitter made me cringe so hard I nearly turned inside out. His tweet on James McLean is apparently “what we are all thinking” but I don’t think that could be further from the truth

2EAEB365-946C-463C-AF8D-E8BDD4FA4928.png

20DBFB92-8858-470D-8F70-9F859B7C5387.png

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

I wonder what they mean by "supporting our own". Doesn't really fit in a remembrance context.

We're you there? I think you'll find that the Free Polish Army and the various resistance movements just got in the way and the Yanks killed more than the Germans. Poppies are for us.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

35 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

We're you there? I think you'll find that the Free Polish Army and the various resistance movements just got in the way and the Yanks killed more than the Germans. Poppies ate for us.

Not forgetting the Poles and Czechs who trained at Arisaig, gave their lives fighting Nazis, and whose descendants will soon have to beg for permission to call our land home.

This really has f**k-all to do with remembrance anymore.

On 03/11/2018 at 09:42, badgerthewitness said:

I wonder what they mean by "supporting our own". Doesn't really fit in a remembrance context.

Yeah putting what can be constued as a xenophobic statement on tens of thousands of flags is pretty rediculous given the supposed context.

Edited by gannonball

Not forgetting my Great Uncle Jimmy who got 56 days detention after going AWOL in August 1917 for 14 months.

When I hear the phrase "f**k this for a game of soldiers " I'm always reminded of Great Uncle Jimmy's war effort...

Edited by Angusfifer