The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

15 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Quite a few animals are dickheads. Wasps, for instance.

You better not be giving to a wasp charity or we are going to fall out.

Sorry. I donated for the beautiful snow leopard on TV but have since found that was a ruse and I've been funding wasp fundamentalism. 

Believe that if you want. My internet history says I've been watching wasp extremist videos online

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

When we give to cancer charities, its in pursuit of finding the cause and cure not treating the symptoms.

The cause and cure of the suffering of animals is well known yet not addressed. For that reason, until animal charities pledge to commence executing humans, I will withhold my finding.

What finding have you concluded ???

P & B need to know if we're to get behind this extermination of the human race. I don't want to cull the human race based on fake news.

Also, one of the main benefits of donating to an animal charity is the cuddly toy you get. I called my polar bear 'oscar'. Every quarter the family gather round to see oscar open up his letter from his family. He loves the posters they send him. His family are very artistic.

Does cancer send any of this stuff? I'm only seeing one winner.

I donate to Marie Curie because some nice young man came to my door one day and I felt guilty not giving him money.

I sleep well at night knowing I haven’t donated to children in need/comic relief though as the main causes of the problem are the fault of such disgusting inequality and greed in the world which is someone else’s fault.

I donate to Marie Curie because some nice young man came to my door one day and I felt guilty not giving him money.

I sleep well at night knowing I haven’t donated to children in need/comic relief though as the main causes of the problem are the fault of such disgusting inequality and greed in the world which is someone else’s fault.

Your second paragraph has just made my head explode. What the f**k are you talking about throbber?

Your second paragraph has just made my head explode. What the f**k are you talking about throbber?

I just don’t think they are worthwhile charities and are just a dick waving exercise for celebrities to gain popularity from. The main causes of all these problems are down to inequality and greed as well and until these issues are tackled head on then the money raised by these charities isn’t going to help much.

I just don’t think they are worthwhile charities and are just a dick waving exercise for celebrities to gain popularity from. The main causes of all these problems are down to inequality and greed as well and until these issues are tackled head on then the money raised by these charities isn’t going to help much.

Ahh ok. I agree.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

You should start a thread about it on here mate. It'll confuse the crap out of the opinionated and angry, should they be for or against Children in Need and Comic Relief, either way, I'm sure they'll let us know. :lol:

Ahh ok. I agree.

I may not have got my point across as I would have liked first time round! I could sit through an entire night of children in need or comic relief and not feel in the least bit guilty about not donating. Same with the poppy stuff, I think it’s a travesty the way some ex servicemen are treated but it shouldn’t be down to myself and others like me to donate to them when the real cause of the problem is an unfair distribution of wealth.

At least cancer isn’t caused by inequality!

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I may not have got my point across as I would have liked first time round! I could sit through an entire night of children in need or comic relief and not feel in the least bit guilty about not donating. Same with the poppy stuff, I think it’s a travesty the way some ex servicemen are treated but it shouldn’t be down to myself and others like me to donate to them when the real cause of the problem is an unfair distribution of wealth.

At least cancer isn’t caused by inequality!

More schemies get cancer than toffs though, cancer might be a bit classist in that regard.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I think a few giraffes and shit would vastly improve it as a spectacle.

In terms of winning, my money's on the ostrich.

I'm thinking a full on gladiator type event (Romans not the ones with big cotton buds) and giving the runners swords, toss in a few lions and grizzly bears. I'd pay to watch that.