Do you believe in the paranormal?

FlyerTon

Do you believe in the paranormal?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is a fair amount of modern housing in this country too. There are a fair number of alleged haunted hospitals around.

Would you be OK with me telling a story about a big house where something died, and to this day thousands, nay hundreds of thousands of people around the globe swear that it lives on. That place definitely makes money through deceit.

I believe that mediums/psychics these days are obliged by law to provide a disclaimer. So it isn't really deceit

I didn't say every house thought did I? I hate to break it to you, but these hospitals which i've never heard of. Aren't haunted.

Aye fire on, this obviously means a lot you. If you're talking about Christianity then I have the same views on that as i do with mediums. I apologise if i ruined your initial scary story with my cynicism, you are free to believe in whatever you want.

I grew up in a house where my wee bro had an imaginary friend called John between the ages of 3 and 5 and my mum and dad would often hear "footsteps" on the landing at night only to find us both sound asleep.

My auntie was into all this spooky shite and was babysitting one night. She had no prior knowledge of the imaginary friend as this was 4 years or so later and long forgotten and my parents hadn't mentioned the footsteps on the stairs. Apparently as soon as my mum and dad came home she announced there was a wee boy ghost cutting about upstairs and that she had seen him sitting in the corner. She said he was harmless etc and my mum and dad just got on with it.

Freaky shit IMO and it gets weirder. My parents kept the house on to rent out and their first tenant was a girl I went to school with but only knew to say hi to. She moved in with her lad and young son.

3 weeks later she's posting on Facebook about her sons imaginary friend John and hearing footsteps upstairs.

I'd long forgotten about all this stuff so asked the old man and he filled me in on the history. I told her and she got a kick out of it and loved it so was quite happy.

I'm now living back there having bought it off my parents 2 months ago. Deliberately never mentioned the ghost shite to the wife as she's a pap. None of the kids have got an imaginary friend yet but first night my wife heard footsteps, went upstairs and all the kids were asleep. Still not told her!

Despite the above I don't believe in ghosts, I do believe in pipes under floorboards, making recurring noises however so maybe I'm just a septic.

He's all grown up now, keep your eyes peeled.

john-ghost-lucca-sergio-bonelli-editore.

I didn't say every house thought did I? I hate to break it to you, but these hospitals which i've never heard of. Aren't haunted.

Aye fire on, this obviously means a lot you. If you're talking about Christianity then I have the same views on that as i do with mediums. I apologise if i ruined your initial scary story with my cynicism, you are free to believe in whatever you want.

Hence the use of the word alleged. I've already stated I don't believe in the paranormal.

It would appear I have the same views on mediums/religion as you do. I am only stating facts and making the point that people who do go to mediums know that it is a form of entertainment. If they are willing to pay for it and it makes them happy, then why shouldn't someone provide the service and make some money?

I grew up in a house where my wee bro had an imaginary friend called John between the ages of 3 and 5 and my mum and dad would often hear "footsteps" on the landing at night only to find us both sound asleep.

My auntie was into all this spooky shite and was babysitting one night. She had no prior knowledge of the imaginary friend as this was 4 years or so later and long forgotten and my parents hadn't mentioned the footsteps on the stairs. Apparently as soon as my mum and dad came home she announced there was a wee boy ghost cutting about upstairs and that she had seen him sitting in the corner. She said he was harmless etc and my mum and dad just got on with it.

Freaky shit IMO and it gets weirder. My parents kept the house on to rent out and their first tenant was a girl I went to school with but only knew to say hi to. She moved in with her lad and young son.

3 weeks later she's posting on Facebook about her sons imaginary friend John and hearing footsteps upstairs.

I'd long forgotten about all this stuff so asked the old man and he filled me in on the history. I told her and she got a kick out of it and loved it so was quite happy.

I'm now living back there having bought it off my parents 2 months ago. Deliberately never mentioned the ghost shite to the wife as she's a pap. None of the kids have got an imaginary friend yet but first night my wife heard footsteps, went upstairs and all the kids were asleep. Still not told her!

Despite the above I don't believe in ghosts, I do believe in pipes under floorboards, making recurring noises however so maybe I'm just a sceptic.

Sounds remarkably similar to my mum's house. My sister had a imaginary friend called John she played with. My sister also had conversations with my dead Papa giving information she "couldn't have known". We all heard footsteps when no one else was in the house. Someone called John did die in my sisters bedroom quite a while before but he was in his 60s.

I had 2 strange experiences in the house which I refuse to call supernatural. From my mum's couch you could look in a mirror and see the stairway through the glass door. I saw someone walking down the stairs out of the corner of my eye when it was just me in the house - can't explain it. Also, when I was 10 I shared a room with my brother and one night I could hear scratching all around me inches from my face but he was awake and in bed but couldn't hear anything.

I honestly don't think any of these things were ghosts but also can't explain them.

Sounds remarkably similar to my mum's house. My sister had a imaginary friend called John she played with. My sister also had conversations with my dead Papa giving information she "couldn't have known". We all heard footsteps when no one else was in the house. Someone called John did die in my sisters bedroom quite a while before but he was in his 60s.

I had 2 strange experiences in the house which I refuse to call supernatural. From my mum's couch you could look in a mirror and see the stairway through the glass door. I saw someone walking down the stairs out of the corner of my eye when it was just me in the house - can't explain it. Also, when I was 10 I shared a room with my brother and one night I could hear scratching all around me inches from my face but he was awake and in bed but couldn't hear anything.

I honestly don't think any of these things were ghosts but also can't explain them.

They probably help explain the fact you now live in an asylum, though.

I've had one experience, (that could be described by some as paranormal, but there is very probably a logical explanation for) many moons ago, that I can't explain in the house that I lived at the time.

The previous owner was an old woman who died in the house and a few years before that her son who lived with her took a heart attack and died on the front steps of the house.

My bedroom was next to the front steps and I awoke (around 2 am) one night to the sound of crying at the front steps. At the time I was going out with the nightmare bitch from hell who used to come round unannounced at weird times of the day and night. I knew she was out clubbing that night and I had recently told her to f**k off just a couple of days previous. So I just assumed that the dumb bimbo was wanting some attention after failing to get some other poor sucker to tell her how wonderful she was out on the town. So I went to the door opened it, and no one there. Freaky huh?

I do remember having a vivid dream about someone crying, so I am assuming that as I woke so quickly my mind was still working in dream mode even though I had woken.

But I don't believe in paranormal, but have had an incident of sorts. There are usually explanations for these things. Sometimes we just can't find the explanation

If you measure time in moons, I'm not surprised you believe in fucking ghosts.

After the death of my grandad, my aunt's other half supposedly came down the stairs as white as a sheet, saying that he'd just had a conversation with him who said not to worry etc etc. Of course, there's always the possibility that he was a Class A bull-shitter who just wanted to make folk feel better at a time of notable grief. This of course caused my mum to run off to some spiritual church where she handed over a pretty penny or two to the types already mentioned in the thread who seem to prey on the vulnerable.

If you measure time in moons, I'm not surprised you believe in fucking ghosts.

Turn of phrase, however it is a pretty accurate measurement of time.

I don't believe in ghosts

I await with baited breath a one lined and witty retort in your normal style