WWE 2k16

We Are Pars Fans!

Not tried online yet, still struggling to beat pinfalls in myCareer when my bar is red :lol:

Doesn't help that the videos I watch, you've got people just making that thin red line each and every time it's like watching a Cena vs Owens match

Not tried online yet, still struggling to beat pinfalls in myCareer when my bar is red :lol:

Doesn't help that the videos I watch, you've got people just making that thin red line each and every time it's like watching a Cena vs Owens match

Talking of career and Cena, he is predictably an absolute nightmare to beat. I got up to the main roster and went after the US title, and was finally offered a shot at Cena. His signature/finish combo is ludicrously hard to reverse, and each move he does seems to build his meter up by 10-15%. So I ended up doing the "run-at-the-ref" trick, getting a chair, and leathering him every chance I got. And it still took three finishers to finally take him down. It was your basic thugonomics.

Having said that, timing a perfect reversal, or kicking out at 2.9 is the right kind of satisfying. You'll get online LPers who are amazing at the game, but at that level it'll lose the fun. As a pick up and play game, it gives you a brilliant sense of achievement when you kick out of multiple finishers by the skin of your teeth.

Talking of career and Cena, he is predictably an absolute nightmare to beat. I got up to the main roster and went after the US title, and was finally offered a shot at Cena. His signature/finish combo is ludicrously hard to reverse, and each move he does seems to build his meter up by 10-15%. So I ended up doing the "run-at-the-ref" trick, getting a chair, and leathering him every chance I got. And it still took three finishers to finally take him down. It was your basic thugonomics.

Having said that, timing a perfect reversal, or kicking out at 2.9 is the right kind of satisfying. You'll get online LPers who are amazing at the game, but at that level it'll lose the fun. As a pick up and play game, it gives you a brilliant sense of achievement when you kick out of multiple finishers by the skin of your teeth.

Thankfully he'd lost the title to Damien Sandow/Mizdow by the time I'd reached top rank in the US title hunt :lol: Only title I've yet to go after is the tag titles. Currently in that after-storyline from a certain one involving Brock (see spoiler)

The one where after you first win the WWE title Triple H pulls a Montreal Screwjob on you with Brock Lesnar

• 3 weeks later...

The submissions are a nightmare. Putting me off continuing

Agreed. I've been ready to smash the controller against the wall a few times. Not really sure what was wrong with the system before - I'm sure it just needs getting used to, but it's incredibly difficult to fight out of submissions even early in the match.

Agreed. I've been ready to smash the controller against the wall a few times. Not really sure what was wrong with the system before - I'm sure it just needs getting used to, but it's incredibly difficult to fight out of submissions even early in the match.

Dominate a match for 10 minutes. Get hit once then a simple submission is locked on and its game over. f**k that for a carry on. Happened 3 times in 5 matches to me last night. Took me about 20 attempts just to get Amore to tap out too. Pish.

Archived