Tranent vs Talbot

TFW

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was up at Beechwood this morning pottering about in ma wee programme hut and chatting to a few guys about the game. Word was that Talbot were advised the crowd was 780 on Saturday.

I realise the bullshit bandits who don't attend Talbot games will very obviously dispute this figure as their gut instincts will have to over rule this. Again, I say, great to see a very good home support who outnumbered us healthily. What do you guys don't understand about that?

Was up at Beechwood this morning pottering about in ma wee programme hut and chatting to a few guys about the game. Word was that Talbot were advised the crowd was 780 on Saturday.

I realise the bullshit bandits who don't attend Talbot games will very obviously dispute this figure as their gut instincts will have to over rule this. Again, I say, great to see a very good home support who outnumbered us healthily. What do you guys don't understand about that?

buddy it was 1500 quote we were getting at.. pointless.. very glad for healthy crowd and hope it continues at every ground in our game

Weird how things turn on threads at times. The two guys from Kilbirnie and Beith are adamant that there were no more than 500 and weren't even at the game, down to telling us the size of the away support. Given there were four buses travelled and my mates and me weren't in one along with a good few others would suggest that figure to be inaccurate. Gingerblastie puffing his chest out at his ability to estimate a crowd, ye wurny even there mate, come on! Also strange that the same guys seem to think this is a thread about the exaggeration of the size of the Talbot support when it is actually a pat on the back for Tranent who did, whether they like it or not, have a home support most clubs would be more than happy with and outnumbered Talbot, not something that happens often. Also, improvements to the ground, clear merchandising being promoted all added up to the type of example that I would like to see more of. Well done Tranent, your certainly going in the right direction and if you can get the locals to buy into it you've cracked it, more power to your elbow!

shut up ya numpty.. I stated I had a mate at it.. And there is 4 different posts about 1500 at the game haha doh.. and puffing my chest out. Aye that's right. Am loving your ability to see me thru a football forum.. nobody even said it was Talbot fans claiming the big crowd it was a generalised post at folk saying more fans than there was.. you talbot boys seem to be the ones all heated about it when I'm reality were just laughing at the over estimation and lack of understanding why the crowd have hundreds added onto what was actually there.. anyway whatever am away to puff my chest out and strut down the street knowing your still a dafty

shut up ya numpty.. I stated I had a mate at it.. And there is 4 different posts about 1500 at the game haha doh.. and puffing my chest out. Aye that's right. Am loving your ability to see me thru a football forum.. nobody even said it was Talbot fans claiming the big crowd it was a generalised post at folk saying more fans than there was.. you talbot boys seem to be the ones all heated about it when I'm reality were just laughing at the over estimation and lack of understanding why the crowd have hundreds added onto what was actually there.. anyway whatever am away to puff my chest out and strut down the street knowing your still a dafty

Excellent measured, not at all heated, response there ging. Can you point me to these four different posts?

If Isa says there were four buses that probably actually means two, including the team bus.

My man, I am oft accused of exaggeration, however it is a fact that Talbot have three supporters clubs who send buses to every game, one of them (The Loons) often send two if the fixture is attractive, Scottish Cup being that type of occasion. There is also a Coalfields Regeneration smaller bus that regularly travels, never saw that on Saturday but it could have been there. On this occasion there is no exaggeration. A good travelling support outnumbered by a bigger home support that was a good an illustration as to why we love Junior Football.

The comparison to what I have seen from the formulated utterly contrived world of the Lowland League is stark. Perhaps an understanding of Junior resistance to that set up would be clearer if the powers were interested enough to see what our grade can offer, ie two clubs with great local interest and tradition squaring up.

My man, I am oft accused of exaggeration, however it is a fact that Talbot have three supporters clubs who send buses to every game, one of them (The Loons) often send two if the fixture is attractive, Scottish Cup being that type of occasion. There is also a Coalfields Regeneration smaller bus that regularly travels, never saw that on Saturday but it could have been there. On this occasion there is no exaggeration. A good travelling support outnumbered by a bigger home support that was a good an illustration as to why we love Junior Football.

The comparison to what I have seen from the formulated utterly contrived world of the Lowland League is stark. Perhaps an understanding of Junior resistance to that set up would be clearer if the powers were interested enough to see what our grade can offer, ie two clubs with great local interest and tradition squaring up.

Hopefully,some day there might be a fleet of them,Isa. :huh:

Excellent measured, not at all heated, response there ging. Can you point me to these four different posts?

read page one.. more than 4 about the super support before me and hertha stepped in.. if you stepped away from self indulgence you would maybe pick up on these things.. no need for the tears cause your found out ????

read page one.. more than 4 about the super support before me and hertha stepped in.. if you stepped away from self indulgence you would maybe pick up on these things.. no need for the tears cause your found out

Oh, more than four now, where might these 5,6,7.............. be Ging? Sir, have you taken leave of your senses or did your mate tell you this?

The crowd was 780 customers as tfw pointed out. You miss that post Isa?! Good crowd but as the Garnock Valley lads point out it is not 1000 to 1500 as guessed by other posts and not specifically Talbot fans.

The crowd was 780 customers as tfw pointed out. You miss that post Isa?! Good crowd but as the Garnock Valley lads point out it is not 1000 to 1500 as guessed by other posts and not specifically Talbot fans.

Indeed I did not miss it my man, can you tell me where on this thread you read 1000 to 1500? By the way, I was asked on Saturday what my estimate was, I said 900, take into account sponsors and freebees, probably about right!

Indeed I did not miss it my man, can you tell me where on this thread you read 1000 to 1500? By the way, I was asked on Saturday what my estimate was, I said 900, take into account sponsors and freebees, probably about right!

post-16252-14464887683505_thumb.jpg

Archived