Tranent vs Talbot

TFW

Only caught the 2nd half which I thought Tranent dominated. (Probably biased ;-)) but you could see that Talbot knew how to protect their lead. The 2 CH's were monsters btw!! Any honest opinions on the Penalty appeal for Tranent when Manson went down? Again biased from me but from where I was it looked stonewall.

Great to see the place so full and there was clearly over 5,000 there, you lot obviously can't count!! Haha!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed I did not miss it my man, can you tell me where on this thread you read 1000 to 1500? By the way, I was asked on Saturday what my estimate was, I said 900, take into account sponsors and freebees, probably about right!

What exactly is that?

Only caught the 2nd half which I thought Tranent dominated. (Probably biased ;-)) but you could see that Talbot knew how to protect their lead. The 2 CH's were monsters btw!! Any honest opinions on the Penalty appeal for Tranent when Manson went down? Again biased from me but from where I was it looked stonewall.

Great to see the place so full and there was clearly over 5,000 there, you lot obviously can't count!! Haha!!

Thought it was a definite penalty. Felt a bit sorry for the ref though as he'd no assistants to help him out.

Any footage available from the chap who was filming the game?

Talbot lads & especially Isa have got a long distinguished history of shall we say exaggerating the size of their following ha ha

Hahaha another Kilbirnie fanatic questioning the fan base. I ain't a Rangers fan but I can see why they use the word obsessed when referring to another club. Is this the junior version ? :-)

Hahaha another Kilbirnie fanatic questioning the fan base. I ain't a Rangers fan but I can see why they use the word obsessed when referring to another club. Is this the junior version ? :-)

Ha ha

Another Talbot fanatic who can't date see anyone having a laugh about folks obsessions with crowds

It's called having a sense of humour

aww gie's peace. . I can judge a figure at most games I go too only a numbskull couldn't.. did you ever learn how to count.. it's absolute simple to judge an approx figure. . Even simpler to bullshit one it seems

Ha ha

Another Talbot fanatic who can't date see anyone having a laugh about folks obsessions with crowds

It's called having a sense of humour

Aye he looks like he's having a right snigger there.

The official crowd was 800. 250-300 was Talbot. This does not include club officials, players families, hospitality and sponsors. Tranent have over 35 sponsors all most all of them attended the game plus there guests, kids are also allowed in for free. Taken this into account the crowd was easily circa 1200. We have never seen an atmosphere at a game at forrestors like this for years. Hats of to Talbot a very respectful set of fans and there committee was second to none. Tranent team done us proud, well done Gary and all the boys.

Aye he looks like he's having a right snigger there.

am always having a laugh on here.. ask a few your fans who know me well.. there was never not once a mention about talbot fans talking up the crowd it was a generalisation at numerous posts about a crowd being bigger than it was and I questioned why it gets done by some folk.. Your boy's went on self obsessed tangent thinking it was aimed at yous.. it was in general.. anyway I forgot to put my laughing faces on to show I was actually laughing at this side of my phone so I'll indulge you now ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? no really I am laughing at the oTT reaction to a question about why support bummed to be more ???????????????????????????????????????????????????? anyway peace to you mate I'll enjoy my visit to talbot and the banter of normally have will hopefully not be affected.

The official crowd was 800. 250-300 was Talbot. This does not include club officials, players families, hospitality and sponsors. Tranent have over 35 sponsors all most all of them attended the game plus there guests, kids are also allowed in for free. Taken this into account the crowd was easily circa 1200. We have never seen an atmosphere at a game at forrestors like this for years. Hats of to Talbot a very respectful set of fans and there committee was second to none. Tranent team done us proud, well done Gary and all the boys.

How can this be? Gingy's pal said no more than 500, and he's a Pollok fan who must be trusted because of an unerring ability to discount over half the folk in attendance.

Most of the Talbot diehards found it actually refreshing to see a club with a very good home support. There are other clubs in our grade who have the local endorsement, but even more who don't. As for the LL? Two men and a dug in my experience. I suppose with Tranent the place and the enthusiasm reminds me of Auchinleck before all the success. As I said would love to see you guys in the final one day.

How can this be? Gingy's pal said no more than 500, and he's a Pollok fan who must be trusted because of an unerring ability to discount over half the folk in attendance.

Most of the Talbot diehards found it actually refreshing to see a club with a very good home support. There are other clubs in our grade who have the local endorsement, but even more who don't. As for the LL? Two men and a dug in my experience. I suppose with Tranent the place and the enthusiasm reminds me of Auchinleck before all the success. As I said would love to see you guys in the final one day.

hahaha you still banging on about this.. whit Pollok fan.. guy was from Tranent funnily enough..right stop greeting about it now

Well there you go.....a post started to congratulate Tranent ends with Two Kilbirnie and a Beith fan bickering over size.

The best of luck to Tranent, Great wee outfit and as Isa already mentioned it also reminds me of Auchinleck just as our team started to get better.

Good luck to them for the future I'll be looking out for their scores from now on.

Archived