Queens v Dumbarton

Or square it for the team-mate bursting into the box who would have been in a far better position. 2 weeks in a row he's had wasted a good chance by going for glory rather than playing in someone else.

Mind you, if you watch the chances again, particularly first half, when we shoot from the edge of the box, if you look around rather than at the shooter, we quite often have better options which are ignored. Because the man on the ball is in a dangerous position, he sucks in defenders, which is leaving team-mates in great positions for wee, slipped passes which would lead to one-on-ones in the box. But we're forcing the shot every time.

Maybe Stevie and Faz need to work on the principle of "if you have a better placed team-mate, play them in rather than going for glory yourself".

Totally agree with that. The chances were there this time, but as the players are so desperate to score they're snatching at any opportunities instead of looking for the better option. It's just composure that's needed. Easier said than done to get that across but maybe if one of the speculative efforts go in and relieves the pressure it may happen naturally.

Maybe the experience of Craig upfront with Brophy would settle things down? Injuries have hampered the manager finding the side that works so far, I'm confident it will all come good in the end, the potential is there.

Have you seen my rose tinted specs? Oh, it's okay, I'm wearing them.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree with that. The chances were there this time, but as the players are so desperate to score they're snatching at any opportunities instead of looking for the better option. It's just composure that's needed. Easier said than done to get that across but maybe if one of the speculative efforts go in and relieves the pressure it may happen naturally.

Maybe the experience of Craig upfront with Brophy would settle things down? Injuries have hampered the manager finding the side that works so far, I'm confident it will all come good in the end, the potential is there.

Have you seen my rose tinted specs? Oh, it's okay, I'm wearing them.

I wish I shared your confidence.

Unfortunately I'm fearing the worst, just got a gut feeling about it :(

I wish I shared your confidence.

Unfortunately I'm fearing the worst, just got a gut feeling about it :(

I don't know how I feel now at all. After the two home games I was pretty sure we'd finish in the bottom 2. But after Saturday's game I'm feeling a bit more optimistic that things will click soon, perhaps I'm brainwashing myself with Aitken's optimism. The next batch of games (Raith, Alloa, Livingston and St Mirren - discounting Rangers) will define our season. If we pick up a decent number of points there then we could be sitting comfortably in mid table. If we don't then we could be marooned with Alloa.

Fun times.

Quite a few things to take from the game on Saturday. Once again mistakes have cost us a point. Seems that every week we are being punished for making mistakes.

I think the whole defence were sleeping at the goal so can't point directly at one but the 2 CB's were caught out worst.

We also need to sort out the shooting. The 'keeper made a couple of good stops early on but we didn't work him enough in the first half for the shots we had. Too many 'close' efforts which simply weren't on target.

In regards to the playing in a team mate thing; earlier in the season we were guilty of over playing things and not shooting enough so we need to find the right balance I think.

Brown at RB worked surprisingly well and I actually preferred him there than in midfield. Simply because it allowed us to play a different kind of midfielder in the centre.

Docherty in the midfield with Waters at LB also worked well. Waters was dreadful vs Morton earlier in the season but it looks like he definitely has something to offer. His delivery is absolutely excellent!

Fleming was meant to be carrying a knock and looked like a player who wasn't fit/interested when he came on. I get that the manager thought he could maybe gain us the point(s) but it looked like he had turned up in the frame of mind that he had the day off to me.

What does Gallagher have to do to be dropped? He has been dreadful for weeks! I get that he's been moved about, but wherever he has played over the last 4/5 games he has been awful.

Brophy was our best player on Saturday like a wee Kano with the potential to develop into a great player.

It was utterly mind blowing that Gal won the Player of the Month vote, even more so that I was seemingly the only person who voted for Scott Brown. The constant movement of him from right back, to striker via everywhere in between is wrecking him. He's becoming a modern day Chizzy*.

*He'll never be as good as Chizzy :wub:

It was utterly mind blowing that Gal won the Player of the Month vote, even more so that I was seemingly the only person who voted for Scott Brown. The constant movement of him from right back, to striker via everywhere in between is wrecking him. He's becoming a modern day Chizzy*.

I was pretty astounded by the result of the vote myself. Gallagher isn't a player I rate very highly based on what I've seen so far but that obviously hasn't been helped by the constant changing of positions.

Scott Brown got my vote but in all honesty it must have been nigh on impossible to come up with 3 players worthy of being included never mind having to try and pick a winner.

I'm clinging onto the hope we retain Lindsay after xmas and add Juan Roman Riquelme to the squad on a 6 month deal. He'd be ideal right now.

I was pretty astounded by the result of the vote myself. Gallagher isn't a player I rate very highly based on what I've seen so far but that obviously hasn't been helped by the constant changing of positions.

Scott Brown got my vote but in all honesty it must have been nigh on impossible to come up with 3 players worthy of being included never mind having to try and pick a winner.

I'm clinging onto the hope we retain Lindsay after xmas and add Juan Roman Riquelme to the squad on a 6 month deal. He'd be ideal right now.

I think Brown ended up with 6% or something, that was probably just us. Best judges of a player in the support imo.

Another vote for Scott Brown here.

I voted brown too,for the wrong reasons.

Not that I thought he has good but the others were worse.

Another vote for Scott Brown here.

Well one of you lot must be telling lies :P

Vote rigging imo

Guest TOPFITTER

That wasnt opinion, though, that was putting words into other peoples mouths.

So you're a mind reader now !!!! You know exactly what other people think and mean when formulating their posts. No lack of arrogance on you're part eh?

In fact it was my opinion based on my perception of the ongoing situation and talking and LISTENING to other fans.

So you're a mind reader now !!!! You know exactly what other people think and mean when formulating their posts. No lack of arrogance on you're part eh?

In fact it was my opinion based on my perception of the ongoing situation and talking and LISTENING to other fans.

An opinion you seem unable to express without personal insults <_<

You specifically referred to this board. If you can show evidence to back up your claim then fine, I'll happily apologies. The posts I've read, though, had no evidence of any of what you claimed

Don't take him too seriously .

Archived