Heart of Midlothian v Dundee

He's questioning why Hearts' "home fans come first" principles go out the window when Celtic and Aberdeen come calling? Surely there's equal (if not greater) demand from home fans for those games?

Having said that, unless there's been some kind of mix-up, I've limited sympathy for supporters' clubs that don't have tickets. They were given ample opportunity to put in an order before the sale to season ticket holders.

Because they are category A games, every category B team gets the same and we give them allocations in relation to what they have consistently brought for decades.

Plus, Celtic & Aberdeen have proportionately been subject to a bigger cut than Dundee.

I have some sympathy with Dundee and I actually think a bigger away support is a good thing as it adds to atmosphere, but if we're selling our end out there's not a lot that can be done.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because they are category A games, every category B team gets the same and we give them allocations in relation to what they have consistently brought for decades.

Plus, Celtic & Aberdeen have proportionately been subject to a bigger cut than Dundee.

I have some sympathy with Dundee and I actually think a bigger away support is a good thing as it adds to atmosphere, but if we're selling our end out there's not a lot that can be done.

I don't think many Dundee fans are grudging Hearts as a result of this. If Hearts weren't selling out their home end allocation and we were still only giving the 700 then many would be annoyed. But Hearts are selling out their own end and if Dundee were ever in the same boat, I'd hope we'd prioritise Dundee fans over away fans. We certainly did this when we won the league but then again Dumbarton never brought a big support through.

The celtic games create probably the least demand. This is due to the high chance of a humping and the poisonous filth that is the celtic away support.

Agree with this. Gone are the days where a visit from the OF was a 'big game'. I'll be keen to see New Rangers at Dens because a win would be glorious but once it reverts to men vs boys I'll not go out my way to go.

I hope after all the moaning there are no gaps in the Dundee end.

Not that here will be but this is a shite argument tbf - Hearts home games have almost all (or is it all?) been home sell-outs. There have still been fairly sizeable gaps in your end on TV this season (excluding seggy obv). Celtic syndrome where fans buy a ticket to help the club/ keep their seat etc but don't go most weeks plus the usual reasons for missing games (work, illness, family, weddings etc) I've missed 3 home games this season through fucking weddings and my sons birthday for example.

The facts are all 700 tickets have been sold so if someone gets too pished to make it, or meets an Edinburgh lovely keen for the famous Dundee boaby pre-match (wrap your tool lads - HIV capital etc) and don't make it to Tynie there is no case to criticize any gaps.

I'm apparently now going to some sort of hospitality package for £55 as my mate has bought a few of them - not sure what that entails but at that price I'm assuming no free bevvy :D

Not that here will be but this is a shite argument tbf - Hearts home games have almost all (or is it all?) been home sell-outs. There have still been fairly sizeable gaps in your end on TV this season (excluding seggy obv). Celtic syndrome where fans buy a ticket to help the club/ keep their seat etc but don't go most weeks plus the usual reasons for missing games (work, illness, family, weddings etc) I've missed 3 home games this season through fucking weddings and my sons birthday for example.

The facts are all 700 tickets have been sold so if someone gets too pished to make it, or meets an Edinburgh lovely keen for the famous Dundee boaby pre-match (wrap your tool lads - HIV capital etc) and don't make it to Tynie there is no case to criticize any gaps.

I'm apparently now going to some sort of hospitality package for £55 as my mate has bought a few of them - not sure what that entails but at that price I'm assuming no free bevvy :D

Mates with MT?

I do know MT from football but it's not him and his bro I'm going with.

I believe that post may have been inspiration for my pal though!

Still think I'd rather be in the stand with 699 other Derry folk than Hospo, that said, fire in and cut their profit margin down!

Still think I'd rather be in the stand with 699 other Derry folk than Hospo, that said, fire in and cut their profit margin down!

Same mate but at least in hospo I can celebrate if we score without fear of ejection which is the only alternative available to me now...

Same mate but at least in hospo I can celebrate if we score without fear of ejection which is the only alternative available to me now...

You've fucked it for yourself now mate.

Mr X. Will be on the phone to Tynecastle this evening with tears in his eyes demanding that you are denied entry to the stadium.

Archived